Happy Birthday

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#2
Going to the US Navy Celebration Ball in Diego Garcia tonight... and went to the US Air Force 60th!! Anniversary Party last month!

:cool: thumbright:
 
#3
sgtpepperband said:
Going to the US Navy Celebration Ball in Diego Garcia tonight... and went to the US Air Force 60th!! Anniversary Party last month!

:cool: thumbright:

And I bet you have a ticket for The Policemans Ball, not the dance the raffle :thumright:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#4
slim said:
sgtpepperband said:
Going to the US Navy Celebration Ball in Diego Garcia tonight... and went to the US Air Force 60th!! Anniversary Party last month!

:cool: thumbright:

And I bet you have a ticket for The Policemans Ball, not the dance the raffle :thumright:
I hold a policeman's ball every night... when I go to the heads! 8O :wink:
 
#5
sgtpepperband said:
slim said:
sgtpepperband said:
Going to the US Navy Celebration Ball in Diego Garcia tonight... and went to the US Air Force 60th!! Anniversary Party last month!

:cool: thumbright:

And I bet you have a ticket for The Policemans Ball, not the dance the raffle :thumright:
I hold a policeman's ball every night... when I go to the heads! 8O :wink:

You've only got the one, then?
 

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#13
John Paul Jones was a traitor, pirate and it's a great pity we were nnot able to catch him and hang him which is what his crimes against his own country deserved.

But then the infant US was founded in terrorism against those who disagreed with the rebels, and based on the tenet that all men were created equal as long as they were not black.
 
#14
Seaweed that's a bit unfair, ledts face it they were all traitors at the time given that the American colonies were considered part of the Crown! (here we go again another argument with Seaweed on history! OOOO goody!) Besides which his own country had dumped him anyway when he tried to control the discipline on his own vessel, so the miscreat got killed, didn't do it again and they were violent times were they not?

I believe that your second paragraph still holds good tho'!
 
#17
Seaweed said:
John Paul Jones was a traitor, pirate and it's a great pity we were nnot able to catch him and hang him which is what his crimes against his own country deserved.

But then the infant US was founded in terrorism against those who disagreed with the rebels, and based on the tenet that all men were created equal as long as they were not black.
John Paul Jones, although a slaver and an accused murderer, could hardly be described as a traitor as he was a Scotsman and probably felt he owed no loyalty to the German King of England.
 
#19
Okay you Yank-type chappies....say sorry about John Paul Jones
(got all his LP's). I know you've got some biggish ships.........




but if you don't say sorry, then I'm afraid that we will have to
send in a Gunboat.....errr negative gun......

You've been warned!


 

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#20
Sorry Jack 77, JPJ was a British subject and not for him to pick and choose the King determined by Parliament so as to ensure the Protestant Succession.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top