Happy birthday, sir!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by hammockhead, Jun 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hats off to Admiral of the Fleet Prince Philip, who turns 85 today. The man's a national treasure...

2. Brilliant. Happy birthday sir. :D
  3. Those are brilliant! :)
  4. Yep , definately a national treasure , always makes me smile anyway :roll: :lol: :p
  5. Great Guy and his quotes have contained some home truths.

Happy Birthday and I wish you many more.
  6. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Bigoted old sponger, if you ask me. Tell me, exactly 'what' has he contributed to this nation. Please leave out 'oh, his family bring in so much money into this country'. That is the biggest ******* myth touted since the glorious cover up that the Queen's dad actually liked Hitler and the most of the ******* family is of German extraction. You know, the nasty dudes we were actually scrapping with between 1914-1918 and 1939-1945. That's like the Queen digging Saddam's scene right now.

Yeah, happy birthday you old ****. I expect the millions spent keeping Britain's best-loved racist accustomed to the opulent, highly-priveliged lifestyle would never have built hospitals, funded new road schemes or made servicemen's lives better at all, would it?

7. Levers -you being unkind again

The Queens Father was sympathetic to Neville Chamberlain the then Prime Minister who attempted to deal with Hitler -- jaw jaw not war war remember.However it was George VI that did the war speech

As for Philip --yes he was distant related and was a member of the Mountbatten Family. Hardly German though -he was born in Greece son of Prince Andrew of Greece . Brought up in the UK with the Mountbatten family he was at Dartmouth 1939 .
    He was a third cousin to the Windsors.

Since 1947 he's been doing a grand job for the Uk and him and Liz make an excellent team
  8. Levers_Aligned

And it was George IV who changed the Saxe-Coburg Gotha name to Windsor to get away from any anti-German feeling. There's absolutely no denying the Royal Family were advocates of the Third Reich.

Grand job? In what way? Would this nation collapse, if it were a Republic? I doubt it. So what Grand Job are they doing?

9. Levers Aligned, I look forward to hearing what you were doing in the 1939-1945 war.

As for bigotry, you are a bit of a hypocrite to have a go at someone because of their "German extraction" in the same breath, aren't you?

10. Happy birthday! Belated I know. I would sing, but I do not wish for it to p*ss down with rain!
  11. Actually it was George V who abandoned the name Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

The Royal Family, or rather certain members of it, most notably George VI and his wife were not advocates of the Third Reich but rather supported the policy of Appeasement, as did most of the British population prior to Hitler invading the whole of Czechslovakia, which could not be justified on nationality grounds. Even then few seem to remember that after Munich it was a triumphant Chamberlain who became the first Prime Minister to appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace with the King & Queen to receive public acclaim; most people think Churchill was the first recipient of this honour in 1945 - not so! I have read that some members of the Royal Family were sympahtetic to some aspects Nazi ideology as were a good many members of the British Aristocracy and several right-wing politicians. Some would have collaborated, others would have put British interests first. Many were simply deluding themselves. After all we know from the Six papers dating from 1940 (their author would have been Gauleiter in England: Dr.Six), the role of the SS in Britain after invasion following a sucessful outcome to Operation Sealion, would have been to exterminate all politicans, intellectuals (anyone educated to university level) and all males between the ages of 17 and 45 were to be deported to the new Reich as slave labourers to construct Hitler's architectural megalomania. No one knowing this would have supported the Third Reich. Sadly few Britons today know about them either.
  12. Levers_Aligned

13. Get on your bike was another! And "Nothing is impossible for a Royal Marine" he quoted as CAPT GENERAL of the ROYAL MARINES.

I remember him complaining about the noise coming from the toilet/bathroom cistern keeping him awake at night. Poor thing!

Commenting on the passing of Concorde he was glad that horrible thing had now stopped flying over Buck House.

I love that guy he says things others are to scared or should I say unable to say even though they are make cock ups. I would to hear HMQ later when he drops one.

He is the best comedy act that this country has on the pay roll.

14. Incidentally!!!!!!

It was also my birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!
  15. Levers_Aligned, you have to be a troll.

After all, English is the modern Anglo Saxon word meaning 'Anglo Saxon'. There's quite a major word in that Anglo Saxon bit... Saxon.

My great-grandparents were German, my grandad was in the British army. So where's the Nazi Affiliation there then?

Some of those quotes are genuinely hysterical, others because they lack all tact and really he shouldn't have been allowed to get away with saying them. Brilliant.