Happy Birthday HRH the PoW

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Passed-over_Loggie, Nov 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. thought it would be rather nice to wish the Boss's 2IC happy birthday. Personally, I think he's a bloody good Heir and successor.

2. Seigfreid he ain't.
    Best wishes Chas, may your Mum live forever.
  3. Oh look a right proper Charlie :viking:

Many happy returns Sir :salut:
  4. I'm in. He's a bit quirky at times but I believe his intentions are honerable and he works hard to make a difference. Like so many he has been passed over for promotion for so long he must be wondering if he will ever get there.

Happy Birthday HRH .... now where's our piece of cake?

5. Carried the POW on the Cherry B during the 70s Fiji Independence celebrations, seemed a nice bloke with no pretensions at all.

Peed off the Jossman, when we were clearing lower deck , because the POW couldn't get down the hatch, when we were all charging up to line the ships side during one visit - didn't seem to bother the man though !

Have one for me Charlie :thumright:
    :party: :eek:ccasion4:
  6. It always seems like easy pray to take the piss out off charlie boy, he always comes across as a very decent bloke to me, so many happy returns Sir :thumright:
  7. Oh No

I wonder if he is a mate of Norman
  8. Norman has no Mates :pukel:
  9. Happy Birthday HRH

Having taught the Prince's Trust Programme I've developed respect for the man.
  10. Only met him once and was chuffed to meet someone with bigger ears than me!!
  11. Many Happy Returns to HRH.

Anyone who watched the TV programme about him will have seen how tirelessly he works to improve the lot of hundreds of thousands of people in the UK and all over the world through his various trusts and charities when he could just have easily settled for a quiet life. He is also one of the staunchest friends the Services could have.
  12. Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu, happy birthday toooooo Charlie, happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuu xxxxxxxxx
  13. Happy Birthy from Maxi too, met him a couple of times at Portland and knew several people who served with him a good naval officer with a serious sense of humour. Very pleasant to chat too, and a hard worker too.
  14. Happy birthday thanks for the 5 days 9's
  15. I'm sensing another dit in there Commando. Care to share?

16. I too work TirelesslyTo improve the lot of Hundreds of Thousands of people in the UK and all over the World with my Income Tax. I too could have settled for the Quiet life but finances dont allow this,Iam also a Good friend to the Services,I would also like to be a Republican.I would Imagine his Mummy will be giving him a few more medals for his birthday.
  17. If we were to become a republic people would still have the ump with whoever was head of state, I for one am a big fan of the royals
  18. Who's the horse to the right.........

Met POW a cpla times, my Aunt n Unk go hunting with him in Gloucs quite often.

Nice chap actually.

Now Andrew, theres a ******
  19. 'Youth Week' starts tomorrow. If you've achieved as much good over the years for so many youngsters who've lost their way as HRH with his Prince's Trust alone (thanks to him twisting the arms of the wealthy and powerful), then you deserve a medal too. I've no problem with that. Successive governments don't seem to have helped as much.

20. He waved to me and the lads at Caernarvon 1st July 1969 the septics thought he was so handsome can we take him home they cried!!!