Hanley Page Prang

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by trelawney126, Sep 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bruntingthorpe's Victor, XM715, had been participating in the 3 May event when it became briefly airborne, apparently reaching a height - based on photographic evidence - of at least 20-30ft They have a couple of Buccaneers Their as well. O20 in FAA blue, with the Late LT/CDR W H Watson and L/T A J Hulme name underneath the cockpit LM 809 SQUADRON!!!!
  2. When I was on both 800 and 809 the plane captains names were stencilled on the opposite side of the cockpit to the aircrews names.
    Any maintainers names on there Scouse?
  3. Alas not Slim, its an Officer thing?? Guy Hulme the late Observers son owns the plane. If he knew what we know, LA (ae) Charlie Bicks name would be their. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. Time for a Charlie Bick dit
    800 Sqdn HMS Eagle 1966
    Plane captains LAEM C Bick, NAM Thompson, NAM ********
    We were working a three watch system 6 hours on 12 hours off. Thomo followed Charlie and then ****(cant remember his name) followed Thomo.
    Now Charlie loved his aircraft and trusted Thomo to look after it, however his trust did not extend to ******.
    Outcome of this was that Thomo was instructed by Charlie to ensure that as Thomo went off watch he was to give Charlie a shake and charlie would then cover two watches. :p :p :p :p
    Went on for a long time
  5. Whats the LAEM??? another Charlie Dit " Tannoy " LA Bick report to the pay office. ( He had only forgot to collect his pay for 6 months :roll: Quote Im to busy working on my cab to go down their.!!!!! http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/0007-4(1).jpg
  6. I was at Lossie with charlie, it was wednesday night before payday and as usual I was brassic. Charlie was in the mess so I asked him if I could borrow a pound, he replied no, so I said OK. he then said you can borrow a fiver, when I asked him why he said, You might forget a £1, but you will not forget £5. :p
    Sorted I felt liks a Baron loaning out the other £4. :D
    Paid it back next day but took me a couple of weeks to get the £4 back from those I sub let it to. :cry:
    Charlie was a wise man :p
  7. ?????? NAM Brian Johnstone was on 229!!! Slim. :roll:
  8. Can't remember the NAMs name, just that Charlie wouldn't let him work on his cab :p
  9. :lol: :lol: good job he wasnt in charge of the Pinkies??? none of us would have got on them!!!!!
  10. It would have been fantastic, no need to dodge work with Charlie doing it all :p . Grubbers didn't know how lucky they were.
    Wonser if Charlie is still around :p