Hanging

In the light of Margaret Bucket and William Vague, condoning the sentence on Saddam, will they bring back Hanging here or are they hypocrites? It is reported that T Bliar does not agree with the hanging, but then, he has no option.

slim

War Hero
Always_a_Civvy said:
Let he who is without wrongdoing operate the gallows.... there would be no one to operate them!

Perhaps it would be better to say "Let he who has been wronged operate the gallows"
I think that in many cases there would be volunteers from family & friends of the victims.

andym

War Hero
Its not OUR law that hes been convicted under and found guity.So he is subject to the Laws of Iraq,and as such he is to be hanged.If you cant do the time dont do the crime!You cant let people like saddam live and get away with Life imprisonment.As long as he is alive he is a focus for revolt and dischord.It may serve as a warning to other would be Dictators.

dondon

MIA
Always_a_Civvy said:
Let he who is without wrongdoing operate the gallows.... there would be no one to operate them!

I'd be more than happy to operate the gallows , would'nt say I was perfect but I have never been in a courtroom for any thing other than my divorce ,

andym

War Hero
Shame Mr Albert Pierrepoint isnt available.

He once said:
“I don’t take sides. I just go and do the job that I’ve been allotted to do.

“As long as I can give in the last moments of these people, whoever they are, whatever they’ve done, if I can give them the respect and dignity at the last moment. That’s my job and I come away satisfied.â€

What a Professional!!!!

Still remains the fact that SadMan is a powder keg alive or dead.
Alive = Focus for Revolution
Dead = Martyr and becomes Focus for Revolution.

Welcome to the UK's Vietnam. A war we can not and will not win

hobbit

War Hero
With big race fever in Oz, Melbourne Cup day, it had to happen with the "funny tips" for the winner.

Saddam Hussein on Exit Strategy tipped to win by a long neck

Some sick bastards on this planet Eh!

Salty-Dog

War Hero
andym said:
I think there is still one available in one of the Prisons in London.

I thought that there was one at wandsworth, up until 5 mins ago that is!
On Googling though, I found that it was dismantled in 1994 and removed to the Prison Service Museum in Rugby.