Handed in my notice tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mackem, Jul 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just over a month till im an EX call centre employee and my sentence is officially over!!

cant wait to get started at raleigh now.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hmmn, no wonder I can never get anyone to answer at British Gas, they've all joined up...

3. BRITISH GAS!! PAH! my crime wasnt that bad.

car insurance thanks very much. crack is great actually, job is slightlyboring.

4. Hi mackem

1. Re: <<Handed in my notice tonight!!!>>

Well done.

2. Re: <<just over a month till im an EX call centre employee and my sentence is officially over!! >>

What part of India was your call centre at?

Just joking - You might get a lot of that.

Bob

5. Bollox.

I knew when I rang 0800-Got-Our-Norks-Out for a quick 5 min perve I wasn't speaking to a 19 year old, double D, size 10 lass lounging about in her old cheerleaders outfit and I was in fact speaking to a northern male Sunderland fan....

I feel so dirty.

6. Good for you mackem.

I had several jobs including three and a half weeks at a call centre before settling after I left the mob.

I can say without any doubt that the call centre was the worst by far, and that includes three days 'doing the drains' with Plymouth City Council!

7. liar, you knew exactly who you were talking to....you were right about the cheer leaders outfit tho. :wink:

8. When you phone a call centre, there's a trick you can use to get answered quickly. When given a list of options by the automatic voice, always choose "I want to purchase a new service" or "I am a new customer" (or similar). They answer that one straight away because it means new business for them. Then once you're through, tell them your query & they'll transfer you to the right department immediately. (No more waiting in the queue because your call has already been answered).

9. :lol: bloody hell, knowledge like that is gold dust son. you dont wanna be putting stuff like that out for free!

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

So we're letting Indian nationals join up now. Any chance of knocking up some pakora?

11. 'Fraid it doesn't work like that at the call centre I worked at. You just end up getting put to the back of the queue you wanted to be in in the first place. I used to spend ages waiting to put people through, meant I didn't have to do anything mind, but still, what a bloody waste of time!

12. Well done Mackem. Hope you have a good time.
    I've always maintained that resigning is one of the few times that you are actually in control :)

Joined my first ship with a load of North Easterners ('83). Bloody hell, it was a different language. It took me ages to work out what they were saying and what it meant: "A canny bag a tooda". To a Londoner, what the fcuk were Tudor crisps?

13. Whhooooo... glad im not the only guy working in a call center joining the mob! :D

I handed in my notice last week and dont start until September :lol:

14. Nice one. I still work in a call centre. Can't beat those 12-hour night shifts on a switchboard.....Raleigh here I come!

15. Call centre employee here too and cannot wait to get the hell out of here.

16. I work in a really shit office/call centre. I worked out today that I only have 83 working days left before I quit ready to go to Dartmouth!

So, SO happy!