Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by SONAR-BENDER, Jan 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We locked him up in 2006. It was the extradition that took so long. The U.S. are just as much to blame for that. He has been in prison for 8 years so not sure how you worked out the US had suddenly locked him up after 'five minutes'.

Anyway, It was a genius plan all along to ensure we didn't have to pay for him. Worked out well in the end.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. And, in the US, life means life. Not the "If you're a good boy you'll be out in half the sentence" bollocks we have in the UK.

Hopefully, some far-right shaven headed lunatic will shank him before too long, and he'll get his 72 virgins or whatever it is he thinks is coming to him in Jihadi-next-world.
  3. Yep, I heard someone earlier say that we should have tried him here instead of spending a fortune getting him extradited to the US. I'm sure however much that process cost it was significantly less than keeping him locked up for the next 20 or 30 years.
  4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I'd rather that he stays alive and locked for a long time waking every morning thinking; "D'oh! I wish I'd STFU when I had the chance." Execution by the State or murder by an equally unpleasant inmate would make him a martyr.

"Shank". Is that prison speak?
  5. Yup.

The ex FiL did 15yrs as a Prison Officer (Peterhead and Saughton) after he came out of the RHF. Any old bit of metal (6" or so), sharpened with an impromptu handle of tape / bound cloth, and Bob's yer uncle. In extremis, the sharpened end of a toothbrush has been known to put out an eye!!
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I know what a shank is. I seem to recall that some documentary on US prisons demonstrated that a murder capable shank could be made from bog paper and bodily fluids or some such. But I'd still rather Abu Hamza live a long and hopeless life in prison. I'm just hoping that unlike ARRSE, no-one posts their prison rape fantasies here.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OK Seadog I'll back off then.