Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halal Meat

Am i right to object to halal meat in school meals?

• Yes

Votes: 39 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.0%

• Total voters
M

mikehunt

I joined the RN not the legion of mlaaring cuntishness, hence why I would have to borrow kit from you.

Yep, the British way. Disapprove of something you know nothing about because it's sounds like it might be different. Simple.

I am astounded that dealing with all the lesser mortals on the forum who have the temerity to disagree with you has not driven you to a nervous breakdown. It must be absolutely marvellous to know everything about everything, I prostrate myself at your feet oh great and wise one and pay homage.

As for the head gear I think it more likely that you have worn it out with your numerous perch tumbles, slops should be able to provide you with a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

guestm

What happened to the one you were issued with?

I am astounded that dealing with all the lesser mortals on the forum who have the temerity to disagree with you has not driven you to a nervous breakdown. It must be absolutely marvellous to know everything about everything, I prostrate myself at your feet oh great and wise one and pay homage.

I'd rather you didn't. The last thing I want is a witless ignoramus paying homage to me. If you're going to pay anything, pay a visit to one of said slaughterhouses and ask if you can sample all the diverse methods of slaughter to establish which one hurts the most. I'll even provide the blessing as you bleed out / fry / receive a cranial bolt.

M

mikehunt

I'd rather you didn't. The last thing I want is a witless ignoramus paying homage to me. If you're going to pay anything, pay a visit to one of said slaughterhouses and ask if you can sample all the diverse methods of slaughter to establish which one hurts the most. I'll even provide the blessing as you bleed out / fry / receive a cranial bolt.

Lovely and a witless ignoramus to boot, unlikely as it may seem I am growing rather fond of you in a protective sort of way.

G

guestm

Well I have shown you an act of kindness.

Now you're rambling, much like you do in your nonsensical PMs to me. If engaging me on here makes you feel alive I can suggest repeatedly punching yourself in the face whilst telling yourself you're an olympic arseclown, same effect and we don't have to read the murmerings of a lunatic who drinks his dinner every night.

Topstop

War Hero
Do you have scientific evidence to back that up, or is it just your opinion?

[FONT=&quot]My point is that in a civilised society an animal should be either killed instantly or rendered insensible to pain until death supervenes.[/FONT]

If you dont want Hallal/Kosher meat stick with the pork. Simples.:slow:

M

mikehunt

Now you're rambling, much like you do in your nonsensical PMs to me. If engaging me on here makes you feel alive I can suggest repeatedly punching yourself in the face whilst telling yourself you're an olympic arseclown, same effect and we don't have to read the murmerings of a lunatic who drinks his dinner every night.

With your attitude of calling anyone who disagrees with you ill informed, uneducated etc you have been accused of being arrogant, I would say that your immaturity is more likely to be the root cause. You remind me of a foolish young officer who thinks he knows it all and refuses to take advice from his senior NCO’S.

G

guestm

With your attitude of calling anyone who disagrees with you ill informed, uneducated etc you have been accused of being arrogant, I would say that your immaturity is more likely to be the root cause. You remind me of a foolish young officer who thinks he knows it all and refuses to take advice from his senior NCO’S.

Quite. And I have done neither in this thread. I may have suggested that ignorance is the reason some might disagree with something they don't fully understand. Ignorance: Lack of knowledge or information.

You on the other hand I referred to as a witless ignoramus, which is a wholly valid observation. You really shouldn't be proud of it, it is a shameful trait. I bet you threw things at the readers in your class didn't you? Damn them and their knowledge.

And I'd steer clear from pork too, look what our civilized western slaughterhouses do to our piggies. Good job we have Defra to police it.

Cheale Meats Investigation - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

howfen_lad

War Hero
What i would do to the hard as fcuk guy stubbing cigs out on the animal....He needs to slip over, land face first in a pile of pig shite and get eatin alive by the unlucky beasts..

Knocks me sick.

G

guestm

What i would do to the hard as fcuk guy stubbing cigs out on the animal....He needs to slip over, land face first in a pile of pig shite and get eatin alive by the unlucky beasts..

Knocks me sick.

Hard to watch isn't it? *******. There have been 9 such investigations all over the UK since January 2009. In 8 of these similar incidents have occurred. Defra refuses to prosecute as the evidence is "third party". And there was lack of permission to film.

It is unlikely that Halal and Kosher slaughterhouses are beyond reproach themselves but if anyone thinks that animals don't suffer regardless of how they're slaughtered, think again.

We're not as civilized as you'd like to think.

M

mikehunt

Quite. And I have done neither in this thread. I may have suggested that ignorance is the reason some might disagree with something they don't fully understand. Ignorance: Lack of knowledge or information.

You on the other hand I referred to as a witless ignoramus, which is a wholly valid observation. You really shouldn't be proud of it, it is a shameful trait. I bet you threw things at the readers in your class to didn't you? Damn them and their knowledge.

And I'd steer clear from pork too, look what our civilized western slaughterhouses do to our piggies. Good job we have Defra to police it.

Cheale Meats Investigation - YouTube

You really need to choose your words more carefully as there you go again, implying that you must be right and those who disagree with you do not possess your massive knowledge, you really are a wag but keep it up; as it is keeps me entertained.

G

guestm

You really need to choose your words more carefully as there you go again, implying that you must be right and those who disagree with you do not possess your massive knowledge, you really are a wag but keep it up; as it is keeps me entertained.

Maybe you should consider that perhaps my words are indeed chosen carefully.

Care to watch the piggies dance?

howfen_lad

War Hero
The truth is we have people like that in every walk of life, what they are doing to animals is cruelty, dragging out death like its a game, i have worked on a pig farm, and been to a slaughter house many times, i have never witnessed that, pigs know they are going to die, and most place get on with it quickly, calmly and safely. There is no way of doing it nice, the quickest way is the best.

What they are doing at that particular establishment is just psychotic, whats the difference between stubbing out a cig on a baby, child or a pig? ( yes it hurts i have no mark on my face to remind me of the pain)

Why can't they use the video evidence...WTF are we coming to, i know i have heard that fact before with a burglary but its just mind blowing.

Guzzler

War Hero
This is where grammar pedants become useful.

Did that mean that (in your opinion) pigs know that they're going to die or not? It is impossible to tell from what you have said.

howfen_lad

War Hero
This is where grammar pedants become useful.

Did that mean that (in your opinion) pigs know that they're going to die or not? It is impossible to tell from what you have said.

Yes that is what i should of typed, i'm juggling a crying baby, the washing, an ex that wont stop banging on the door and my internal rage at the video i have watched.

Apologies sir.

Guzzler

War Hero
No need to apologise, but I still don't know as you have said 'yes' to a question with two alternatives. Seriously, I'm not being deliberately obtuse here.

MG Maniac

War Hero
The truth is we have people like that in every walk of life, what they are doing to animals is cruelty, dragging out death like its a game, i have worked on a pig farm, and been to a slaughter house many times, i have never witnessed that, pigs know they are going to die, and most place get on with it quickly, calmly and safely. There is no way of doing it nice, the quickest way is the best.

What they are doing at that particular establishment is just psychotic, whats the difference between stubbing out a cig on a baby, child or a pig? ( yes it hurts i have no mark on my face to remind me of the pain)

Why can't they use the video evidence...WTF are we coming to, i know i have heard that fact before with a burglary but its just mind blowing.

Unfortunately video can be tampered with as can any photograph... you only have to look at other threads on this
esteemed website to see just what can be achieved with a few clicks of the mouse. Because of the cost of prosecution and in the event of it being thrown out of court - the risk of having to stump up for the others cost - they will only prosecute where the possiblility of gaining a conviction is nigh on watertight. Yes we know it goes on but can we refutably prove it?? Probably not.

We are by nature meat eaters and seeing we can't just go out and hunt for it (although the damn fox thats treating my chicken run as the local KFC is deemed a legitamate target) we have to get meat from somewhere - supply and demand means that we have to have abbatoirs and slaughterhouses which will be subjected to controls and regulations which get flouted for one reason or another be it cost cutting measures or whatever. At the end of the day we will still demand meat - be it "traditionally" slaughtered, Halal or Kosher and I really don't think it would matter which slaughterhouse it was done in, the outcome is still the same.

I think that the main problem we have is our need to "humanise" animals e.g. Bambi etc so kids are brought up to identify animals with the humanised version - then when we tell them that Florence the Cow is the sunday roast .... Yes ok conditions in slaughterhouses are not exactly ideal and I agree that animals should not be made to suffer and that any slaughtering should be done quickly and efficiently but if we didn't humanise animals then we wouldn't be so squeamish about how our meat was slaughtered. Having said that I'm the first one to sit down and watch a Mickey Duck!

Latest Threads