Haircuts

I have just had an absolute rebreifing from the EWO about my hair. How can the tell us to maintain social distancing yet tell us to get our hair cut when a no Barbours are open a b for someone to cut my hair they would obviously have to be within 2m of the lads who’s hair they are cutting! Surly given the current situation haircuts should be relaxed until the government directs otherwise?

RabC

MIA
I have just had an absolute rebreifing from the EWO about my hair. How can the tell us to maintain social distancing yet tell us to get our hair cut when a no Barbours are open a b for someone to cut my hair they would obviously have to be within 2m of the lads who’s hair they are cutting! Surly given the current situation haircuts should be relaxed until the government directs otherwise?
Ever heard of DIY? Covid is no excuse for lowering standards. Life in a blue suit jack.

Drakey

War Hero
The factory is probably closed due to coronavirus.......

I was after some constructive advice. After 19 years and a SR I am not going to shave my head. I will use a qualified and competent person as soon as is legally allowed. If I had tooth ach would I be expected to perform my own extraction!? Gone are the days where they can make you shave it all off. I am just pointing out that there are more important things at the moment than haircuts. my hair has always been short up the back and sides and it still would be if I was able to get it done properly

RabC

MIA
I was after some constructive advice. After 19 years and a SR I am not going to shave my head. I will use a qualified and competent person as soon as is legally allowed. If I had tooth ach would I be expected to perform my own extraction!? Gone are the days where they can make you shave it all off. I am just pointing out that there are more important things at the moment than haircuts. my hair has always been short up the back and sides and it still would be if I was able to get it done properly
I would never have guessed that the OP was written by a SR, either by its content or command of English. Times change.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
I don’t really care to be honest. There just needs to be more direction from command
You are kidding right?

They have instructed you to remain with the BR, but you cannot work that out for yourself and need a supervising adult to tell you exactly how to achieve it?

If you are not willing to use clippers for the duration, but want a "qualified and competent person" to do it just sounds like you are being precious.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

But if you haven't got access to a "qualified and competent person" to cut your lovely luscious locks, have you asked anyone else how they are doing it? Or are you asking this from home?

And you are a senior rate? Excellent leadership skills being demonstrated there.

soleil

War Hero
Would it be possible for you to order some hairdressing scissors from Amazon and then trim your hair to the extent where it passes muster? It won't be to salon standard, but could be sufficient for these purposes.

I haven't looked myself, but I hear that there are videos on YouTube showing you how to do a home hair cut.

Worth a try, I would have said.

Stirlin

War Hero
I have been cutting my own hair for 25 yrs , takes about 2 mins and I did not need Youtube to give me info on the procedure .

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Who cuts your hair when you are deployed?
Get someone in your household to cut it for you.
If you live onboard chances are you are always closer than 2m to someone. Get them to cut it.

It's not that you are going to trap is it?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I can't believe a serving Senior Rate has come on here bleating about not being able to get a haircut l:oops:

This has got to be a bite!

Waspie

War Hero
That was a jaw dropping statement!!! Truly stunned by such a naive comment by a SR!!