Haircut?

stupid question I know but, if you join as a rating, do you have to shave your hair at Raleigh? I currently have a 2 on the sides and longer on top, almost like Tommy off peaky blinders

Wow so you can't even have it slightly long on top?? Think that is a stupid rule not going to lie
@Diesel97 - I won't lie either (this time, anyway..)

If you think 'this is a stupid rule' Sunshine then prepare yourself for a whole host of others throughout your service!

Your choice - be prepared to accept & obey 'em cheerfully and promptly or disregard 'em at your peril & face the inevitable consequences.

Wow so you can't even have it slightly long on top?? Think that is a stupid rule not going to lie
The regulations on hair (both males and more commonly females) are enforced throughout your whole career.

You will loathe Raleigh if you think that having your head skinned is a stupid rule. There are so many "stupid" rules I've lost count, but they serve very specific purporse.

Lots of people in my class got put on warnings for using their mobile phone in their messdeck, people called it a "stupid rule" but again, there are times on a ship when you can't use your phone. Hence, the "stupid rule"

I read on these forums that after phase 2 your are allowed your hair to be longer on top just as long as it is neat and tidy, is this not the case?

I read on these forums that after phase 2 your are allowed your hair to be longer on top just as long as it is neat and tidy, is this not the case?
Define long.

The rules are the following:
3818. Male Personnel

a. Hair. Shall be neatly groomed; taper trimmed at the back, sides and above the
ears to blend with the hairstyle. On the top of the head it shall be no more than 15 cm
in length and sufficiently short at the front and sides that when the hair is groomed and
headdress removed, no hair shall touch the ears or fall below the top of the eyebrows.
It shall be kept above the shirt collar.
So, longer than 15cm? No.

Will anyone whip a ruler out and measure your hair? No. Probably not. But if someone thinks it's too long, just go get it cut. Don't start arguing about 15 centimetres...

Define long.

The rules are the following:

So, longer than 15cm? No.

Will anyone whip a ruler out and measure your hair? No. Probably not. But if someone thinks it's too long, just go get it cut. Don't start arguing about 15 centimetres...

Apologies, I should've been more clear about how long, my hair is only an inch and a half on top. Either way it won't stop me from joining, I was just wondering haha

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
In the 1960's I and a number of others on the boat I was in at the time sported Beatles style haircuts. SM2 Reggies didn't say anything, maybe because one of their number had found himself on a Boat travelling to the colder climes for being twatish about haircuts :cool: