hair

Lynx101

Lantern Swinger
Hi guys,
I have an interview on 14th May in London. I just had my haircut yesterday from sort of medium length to short. I'll put it this way, you can see all of my ears and I have no fringe. My question is this; do you think it would be ok if i put like a gel/wax substance in my hair? it looks quite flat and boring if I don't.
cheers
Lynx101

if i were you id get some wax and style it in a Mohican,when asked why just say its an "Homage " to HMS Mohican that your greatgrandfather was Buffer on.

andym said:
if i were you id get some wax and style it in a Mohican,when asked why just say its an "Homage " to HMS Mohican that your greatgrandfather was Buffer on.
But his Grandfathermight have been the Tanky on HMS Zulu and the beads were a homage to him.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
As you are not a naval rating - and therefore not subject to any naval uniform regulations at this time - I would not be too concerned about your hair style at the moment. However, treat it like a normal job interview, and use whatever you think is appropriate to make yourself more presentable, or at least that bit more presentable/memorable than the other applicants!

Although appearance is important (first impressions, and all that), you will be evaluated on all aspects of your background, so I would concentrate on the other relevant topics that the AFCO staff will want to discuss with you...

Good luck! :thumright:

sgtpepperband said:
As you are not a naval rating - and therefore not subject to any naval uniform regulations at this time - I would not be too concerned about your hair style at the moment. However, treat it like a normal job interview, and use whatever you think is appropriate to make yourself more presentable, or at least that bit more presentable/memorable than the other applicants!

Although appearance is important (first impressions, and all that), you will be evaluated on all aspects of your background, so I would concentrate on the other relevant topics that the AFCO staff will want to discuss with you...

Good luck! :thumright:
Curtseying might impress. A little lip gel?

Ant_H

Lantern Swinger
Lynx101 said:
"Dear God tell me your shiteing me???????? "
whys that.
It's just a bit of an odd question to ask 'to use hair gel' or not.
As long as you don't look like you've dipped your head in a pan of lard, and look presentable/neat you shouldn't worry.

Lynx101

Lantern Swinger
well i just wanted to make sure it was ok, I am nervous fo this interview and I want everything to go well. No need to take the piss

Quite right young man, you will certainly not get any grief from this old salt for such a deep thinking question. After all, if we don`t ask , we don`t know.

Lynx101

Lantern Swinger
Just seemed like you were ridiculing me for what I intended as a perfectly serious question. Its hard on forums and things where you can't judge the tone or manner in which a person says something, so it is hard to come to judgements as to how the remark was intended to be recieved.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dondon Miscellaneous 0
N Current Affairs 1
S Nearest & Dearest 1