hair

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Lynx101, Apr 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,
    I have an interview on 14th May in London. I just had my haircut yesterday from sort of medium length to short. I'll put it this way, you can see all of my ears and I have no fringe. My question is this; do you think it would be ok if i put like a gel/wax substance in my hair? it looks quite flat and boring if I don't.
    cheers
    Lynx101

2. if i were you id get some wax and style it in a Mohican,when asked why just say its an "Homage " to HMS Mohican that your greatgrandfather was Buffer on.

3. hehehehe, but seriously,

4. But his Grandfathermight have been the Tanky on HMS Zulu and the beads were a homage to him.

5. Good job his Aunty wasnt Chief WRN PTI on HMS Bald Eagle!!!

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As you are not a naval rating - and therefore not subject to any naval uniform regulations at this time - I would not be too concerned about your hair style at the moment. However, treat it like a normal job interview, and use whatever you think is appropriate to make yourself more presentable, or at least that bit more presentable/memorable than the other applicants!

Although appearance is important (first impressions, and all that), you will be evaluated on all aspects of your background, so I would concentrate on the other relevant topics that the AFCO staff will want to discuss with you...

Good luck! :thumright:

7. Thanks! Just want to create the right impression for a potential officer!

9. [​IMG]

Why not stand out from the crowd? :thumright:

10. Curtseying might impress. A little lip gel?

11. [/quote] Curtseying might impress. A little lip gel?[/quote]

Ahem... :ky:

12. "Dear God tell me your shiteing me???????? "
    whys that.

13. It's just a bit of an odd question to ask 'to use hair gel' or not.
    As long as you don't look like you've dipped your head in a pan of lard, and look presentable/neat you shouldn't worry.

14. I am reliably informed that this style is De Rigeur with the aspiring Young Officer?

[​IMG]

15. well i just wanted to make sure it was ok, I am nervous fo this interview and I want everything to go well. No need to take the piss

16. I do believe the 'horse shoe head trim' results in instant AIB pass.

17. FFS Lighten up Horatio,its all in good fun!!

18. Quite right young man, you will certainly not get any grief from this old salt for such a deep thinking question. After all, if we don`t ask , we don`t know.

19. Just seemed like you were ridiculing me for what I intended as a perfectly serious question. Its hard on forums and things where you can't judge the tone or manner in which a person says something, so it is hard to come to judgements as to how the remark was intended to be recieved.

20. Believe me young man, I am so sincere that i frighten myself with my sincerity.