Hair regulations at Raleigh

Briggs87

I've just completed the PRNC and was told you need to arrive at Raleigh with a grade 2 haircut, my problem is I have a grade 0 and won't be able to grow my hair to a grade 2. Will this exclude me from joining Raleigh?

Many Thanks

Sumo

War Hero
All depends on how ugly you are with a bold head? If you look like a bell end, expect a nick name to reflect this.
Enjoy have fun, grow your hair, unless you forehead is very high :eek::rolleyes:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
@Briggs87 your only solution will be a hair piece, it must be of good quality and properly fitted, Ginger is the required colouring. Your best point of contact for further advice would be @Ninja_Stoker who found himself in the same position many years ago and by being properly measured and fitted went on to a long career with the RN.

Taztiff

War Hero
@Briggs87 your only solution will be a hair piece, it must be of good quality and properly fitted, Ginger is the required colouring. Your best point of contact for further advice would be @Ninja_Stoker who found himself in the same position many years ago and by being properly measured and fitted went on to a long career with the RN.
Don't you just love the adverts on this site. Screen shot on my PC :):
upload_2018-3-2_9-9-26.png

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Get used to the banter now! No 2 haircut is the maximum length, not the minimum unless you're female (equality at work!)

Take a chill pill baldy;)

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
I know full well there can be lots of uncertainty along the recruitment journey, but you don't think they'd let you go through the AFCO process, then PRNC, not say anything and let you turn up at Raleigh, and THEN go "oh no baldy, you can't join" do you??

Waspie

War Hero
Welcome to the internet. Thanks for your help *********. This site is very helpful #shitcunts
If you can't stand the banter shippers. Pulll the plug on your bath now. Your doomed!!!! Grow a sense of humour as well as hair!!!
Oh - Grow up!!!!! The navy wants men not babies.

Taztiff

War Hero
Welcome to the internet. Thanks for your help *********. This site is very helpful #shitcunts
And welcome to the Royal Navy. This is the least of the p£$% taking you will get if you manage to stay in.
If you can't stand the banter shippers. Pulll the plug on your bath now. Your doomed!!!! Grow a sense of humour as well as hair!!!
Oh - Grow up!!!!! The navy wants men not babies.
And women :D

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I do hope that nobody from the Raleigh staff have read this and are waiting for a fuzz-head with no sense of humour to arrive in a while......

Oh what fun could be had.

Shall we start a sweepstake on how long she lasts? (yes, I know it is 'probably' male, but it isn't coming across that way!)

Sumo

War Hero
I do hope that nobody from the Raleigh staff have read this and are waiting for a fuzz-head with no sense of humour to arrive in a while......

Oh what fun could be had.

Shall we start a sweepstake on how long she lasts? (yes, I know it is 'probably' male, but it isn't coming across that way!)
Stop bitching, you will be giving the instructors ideas for the next bowling ball to show up.

Waspie

War Hero
OP last seen entering RAF recruitment centre!!!!!
Sounds a good rock ape candidate!!!!!
Short hair - no sense of humour.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KerryPC24 Female hair regulations Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
TurboThreaders Queen's Regulations for the Navy-facial/head hair. The Corps 24
R Facial Hair in phase 2 Joining the Royal Navy 23
soleil D. Telegraph: "Royal Navy Adjusts Rules To Allow Rastafarians To Keep Long Hair And Beards" Bases / Shore Est 0
MoD_RSS Hair Host LLP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First allergy test for hair dye to go on general sale MoD News 0
U Interview soon, question about facial hair RFA 9
janner Nice hair. Blue Jokes 0
T5igger Ladies hair cuts Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 102
W TMU referred to chief medical officer- hair pulling Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
2_deck_dash 2DD's latest hair brained scheme. Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 27
AAF Get your hair cut !. Diamond Lil's 26
Topstop Veet, mens hair removal. Diamond Lil's 2
F Veet hair removal cream for men Diamond Lil's 7
D Claiming tax back on things like boot polish/laundry/hair cuts UPO 14
1 Haircuts, Facial Hair and the RN Officer Selection Process Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
dondon Hair Raiser Miscellaneous 0
P hair cuts and what to expect? The Gash Barge 25
2_deck_dash H4H Auction. Time Machine! Can also be used to remove hair. Charity 32
rikbones Hair length Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
tuts Hair Dying. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
5dits The crew of HMS Lusty let their hair down Current Affairs 177
Lynx101 hair The Gash Barge 99
O Female Hair Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 72
Topaz Hair Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
N Another Bad Hair Week for Plod Current Affairs 82
brazenhussy Hair cuts Submariners 12
H The hair of the dog Current Affairs 8
england_expects Hair! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
W Hello, I'm new here - Do I have to get a hair cut to go? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
brazenhussy bad hair day!! The Gash Barge 6
bigbaddog Nasal hair Problem? Diamond Lil's 3
N Darrell Hair (The Cricket Upmire) Sue's Pakistan Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS Coronavirus Act 2020 (Residential Tenancies: Protection from Eviction) (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2020: letter to local authorities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Application of building regulations where additional storeys are provided to existing buildings: circular 03/2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation on draft spaceflight regulations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building regulations and fire safety procedural guidance: circular letter 15 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Allocation of Housing and Homelessness (Eligibility) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2020: letter to local authorities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Changes to exemptions from the Veterinary Medicines Regulations (VMR) for small pet animals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regulations temporarily suspended to fast-track supplies of PPE to NHS staff and protect companies hit by COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New regulations created by Secretary of State for business closure (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Review of Merchant Shipping Regulations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State makes new regulations on Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fishing regulations as the UK leaves the EU MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Telecommunications boss banned for breaching regulations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building (Amendment) Regulations 2018: circular 03/2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Circular 010/2019: Firearms Regulations 2019 and the Firearms (Amendment) (No.2) Rules 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Court orders former Northumberland recycling business to pay over £50,000 after breaching environmental regulations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regulations on the accessibility of new public sector websites come into force MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government encourages food exporters to get ready for animal health regulations MoD News 0