Hain has resigned....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by whitemouse, Jan 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He has gone .... to 'clear his name' (??)

The house of cards is beginning to topple, I wonder how many more will go, after the investigators begin to delve ever deeper into the murky world of Nu Liebour !!

I'm still not convinced that South African Security tried to fit him up all those years ago.

2. And how will he decide to "Clear his name"?

Hmm, memoirs inbound, perhaps!

3. Not by holding his hands up and saying "It's a fair cop guvnor - you got me bang to rights", that's for sure.

4. Good riddance to a smug ******

5. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

That's one less CND traitor on the Front bench ..

6. Poor man.... what I thought was interesting was his alledged assertion that £103K was small change! No wonder they see £100K a year as a modest salary!

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Anyone in a position to spill the beans on the Harmon woman??

8. This is just the start; if Bliar's Dodgy Dossier is made public then a great many Niue Liebour politicians will have to run for cover and so will the Civil Serpents who abetted them.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23433853-details/article.do?ito=newsnow&

Lord Hutton of Whitewash will be able to slope shoulders and solemnly intone that the Liebour politicians witheld information from his 'Inquiry' and he is not to blame.

Knacker of the Yard will point out that they had Liebour dead to rights over corruption but were reined-in by the AG.... so they are blameless. The AG will blame political pressure from The Blessed Saint Tone of Downing Street who in turn will say that he acted in the best interests of the country. Cherie will be handed the case and sue for slander. The $2 Billion of BAe bribes to Saudi princes will re-surface. Meanwhile the UK will slide further down the tubes as these corrupt and corruptible barstewards in Westminster continue to milk the system for all it is worth and continue to provide cover for each other.

Rant over.... Up 2 clicks, watch my tracer and fire for effect.

RM

9. When will the rest of this government resign? There again would the new gov't cut the stealth taxes ie Fuel, Poll, Heating and lighting + others!!!!!

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I wonder how many of the critics of the Government in RR (and elsewhere) never actually voted, due to 'political apathy'? :roll:

The public gets the service they deserve; if you don't vote then you cannot comment, as far as I'm concerned. :evil:

11. Quite right SPB.
    However I have voted at every election (by proxy when at sea).
    Have come to believe it makes no difference.
    The system does not work.
    Sorry I don't have the solution.

12. The problem is that no matter which party you vote for, the Government always wins!

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As Ken Livingstone once said... and to paraphrase him again from another of his booklets when he was Leader of the GLC: "If voting changed anything, they'd ban it!" :lol:

14. Red Ken was paraphrasing here as usual, and probably in his whiney - or is that winey voice.
    The actual quote is " If voting could change anything, they'd make it illegal" and is creited to one Emma Goldman, a well written anarchist born in Lithuania. (see what reading does for you.... :shock: )

:)

15. Job for Blunkett then. :rendeer:

16. I always vote! If you don't vote you can't shout :rambo: I only voted for the Labour Party once and that was to stop the Scot's Nationalists :pukel: :tp: getting into our constituency :bball:

17. The present government seem to be going out of their way to prove that we have the best politicians that money can buy!

18. Bergs

Lord Hutton's judgment was interesting in the way he appears to have completely ignored the evidence and reached the opposite conclusion to any one with common sense. Then again, that what makes Judges special..... ;)

19. FFS - Blunkett :tp: I had considered sending him a cheese-grater in the hope that he would read it and bleed to death :w00t:

RM