Haggis - boil, bake or microwave ????

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by golden_rivet, Jan 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All three cooking modes on the bag - which is best ?????
  2. Doesnt really matter,it will still taste like a cross between a dead sheep and a set of bagpipes!!!

3. CREMATE!!! And go get fish and chips!!!!!!!!
  4. boil!!, eat with neeps, and tatties mashed with tartan milk!!, afterwards have shortbread, whisky and punjana tea!

5. whilst all tips are gratefully received some are more useful than others. Thanks Calvin - what's tartan milk?????

:cool: :cool: :cool:
  6. If memory serves me right,after a few "nippy sweeties" you dont care!
  7. You've got to shoot it first... then skin it, gut it and only then can you bake it in a stone oven with heather sprigs hanging off the walls and playing the bagpipes (Scotland the Brave) to musically tenderise the meat.

The fur is usually used as a trimming on ladies gloves.
  8. its from tartan cows rivet!!!

dont you know anything?
  9. Rubbish! It's a small, furry animal... bit like a micro-Stoker actually, come to think of it. :wink:
  10. Boil It. It`s the decent thing to do.
  11. civvy!, rivet asked what tartan milk was, we all know haggis are furry and have one leg longer than the other 'cause of standing half way up the hill all day!
  12. Take it from a cook Deep Fry.... Well is there another way!
  13. yeah slop!!, and serve with a mars bar sauce!!
  14. I'm an ignorant sassenach calvin - but happy to learn :wink: I was brought up on Jimmy Shand though. Anyone got any good links so I can listen to some nice music while I'm cooking/eating :lol:
  15. A nice singalong to the pipes laddie.

Solo first

16. Nobody has mentioned a dustbin yet?????
    I've tried them a couple of times, and the closest I have come to a discription, is , "it's like a polythene bag full of hot porridge and rubber bands".
    Sorry, I just can't get used to the taste and texture.
  17. Tasted like black pudding - only nicer. Must have it again next year.

Cheers guys - appreciated the help :cool:
  18. Ever seen a haggis rodeo? Now that is an interesting experience.
  19. Like mine served with nicely grilled fresh kippers yum yum. :grin: :grin:
  20. Place your haggis and a stone in a large pot and bring to the boil. After two hours, discard the haggis and eat the stone!