haematuria advice

mazc3p0

Midshipman
Hi all,
I recently had my medical and it was discovered I had trace amounts of blood in my urine.(I'm female and wasn't on my period).
I visited my GP who sent a urine sample and blood for testing and both came back normal.
I have no symptoms of any urinary problems, no family history of anything and I am otherwise fit and well.
I stopped exercising at least 3 days before each test but they still came back with trace blood.
Anybody had experience of this or know if I will pass the medical?

MSBravo

Midshipman
Impossible to say without taking a full history.

Non-visible haematuria always requires investigating to get to the bottom of why it's appearing, best of luck.

LeoCat

Hi - This has just happened to my son at his medical although we’ve not been to the doctors yet. How did you get on, we’re they happy with the results from the doctors urine and blood sample.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Hi - This has just happened to my son at his medical although we’ve not been to the doctors yet. How did you get on, we’re they happy with the results from the doctors urine and blood sample.

Doubt you will get an answer from a five year old thread, but points for trying.

Waspie

War Hero
You're better off starting a new thread rather than resurrect a very old post.

Also, have a trawl through using the 'Search' facility. It may may drag something useful up!! Who knows.