H4H Auction. A pair of Purdey's. Ends midday 12/3/10.

Discussion in 'Charity' started by 2_deck_dash, Feb 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here is your chance to own a pair of Purdey's (well sort of) and donate some cash to Hols4Heroes.

Up for grabs are a pair of original A3 black and white photographs of beautifully engraved James Purdey & Sons shotgun actions incorporating large scroll and game scenes. They are framed in walnut (like the Purdey stocks).

The pictures were not originally meant for sale and were used as patterns for Purdey engravers to copy, therefore they are totally unique. No other photographs of these particular actions exist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They will come with a signed letter from the Purdey Factory Manager confirming their authenticity.

Please be aware before bidding, that I have cleaned the pictures up as much as possible, but due to the fact that they have spent the past 15 years unframed and in a factory environment, there is a very slight mark on the bottom left corner of one of them (bottom picture), however it is barely visible as you can see from the photos and it adds to the charm somewhat!

2. £50 from an Arrse bidder.

3. Now at £70.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I hear Barry the Baptist might be interested... :thumbleft:

[​IMG]

5. Get bidding you tarts.

6. Now at £130.

7. Still at £130.

Bump.

8. Come on you matelot spunkbags, someone has £150 to blow on these.

9. Now at £140

10. Now at £190.

Come on lads or some stinking pongo will get to keep them.

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

£250, fcuk you perce, there mine. Do I get a T'shirt as well?

12. Well done mate!

Yes I will throw in a T-Shirt.

13. wet_blobby

Chuck the T shirt in the same bag as the first one I'm waiting on.......

I take it perce has been blown out of the water and you're now waiting on me sending you a postal address?

14. Fuck, sorry mate, I forgot all about your T-shirt. pm me your address again and I'll sort it. :oops:

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

15. Perce still has until Friday midday to come up with the goods. Just in case they don't get their act together, what size shirt do you require Sir?

16. wet_blobby

Behave Perce, £270.

17. wet_blobby

So lads, any chance of perhaps a little card slipped inside the packaging of these when they get posted.....perhaps write something like "Happy Birthday, sorry it's a little late, your loving son.".......? It'll be going to a UK address...... :)