H.M.S. EURYALUS ASSOCIATION

(granny)

RIP
Book Reviewer
Jenwren said:
(granny) said:
I served on 'Euryalus' 51/52, was transferred to 'Bermuda' when 'Euryalus' went SA/SA.
Was in Hong Kong much later and read that HMS Euryalus was coming alonside the next day, so I made a point of getting up on deck to watch her arrive. Iwas expecting my old ship but was surprised to see this smart frigate tie up. How things had changed.
(granny) - like I said ot Old Sparker, do we have you in the Association!! if not why no?!!
Oh, I do like hassling people.
btw, what year did you see the F15 enter HK?, I ask cos hubby was on the first commission, 64-66, (thats why I'm Assoc Sec!!)and he was prob on board.
JW
I was on the 'Bulwark' at the time. We were in Hong Kong Nov 1964 through to Jan .1965. Having only just found out about your/our Association I haven't had the chance yet.

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
(granny) said:
Jenwren said:
(granny) said:
I served on 'Euryalus' 51/52, was transferred to 'Bermuda' when 'Euryalus' went SA/SA.
Was in Hong Kong much later and read that HMS Euryalus was coming alonside the next day, so I made a point of getting up on deck to watch her arrive. Iwas expecting my old ship but was surprised to see this smart frigate tie up. How things had changed.
(granny) - like I said ot Old Sparker, do we have you in the Association!! if not why no?!!
Oh, I do like hassling people.
btw, what year did you see the F15 enter HK?, I ask cos hubby was on the first commission, 64-66, (thats why I'm Assoc Sec!!)and he was prob on board.
JW
I was on the 'Bulwark' at the time. We were in Hong Kong Nov 1964 through to Jan .1965. Having only just found out about your/our Association I haven't had the chance yet.

OK, I forgive you!!
If you go back to the beginning of this thread, message 5 gives you the details for contacting me, if you want more info about the Association.
JW

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
Bump!
Reunion on 6 June - Service of Commemoration at the Historic Dockyard,Chatham, for the 70th Anniversary of the launch of C42 at Chatham followed by the AGM.
PM me if you want any more details
BTW, website well on way to being totally revamped, hopefully should be up and running in a few weeks.
JW

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
Bump!
2010 AGM and Annual dinner to be in Oxford, Saturday 12 June 2010.
Probable venue the TS Euryalus unit.
Website nearly ready, having problems with getting it uploaded at the moment as passwords etc seem to have gone awol!
JW

all of these notifications are over 10yrs old, is the association still in existance ?? . I served on f15 1968/71 leading steward and I wondered if any of the crew are still active on this site (Jim gibbs)

fishhead

War Hero
all of these notifications are over 10yrs old, is the association still in existance ?? . I served on f15 1968/71 leading steward and I wondered if any of the crew are still active on this site (Jim gibbs)
I can tell you some of the details given originally are out of date. Dave Cotton has passed away(RIP) and his wife has moved from the given address. I do know her latest details but I do not know if she is still involved.