Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gym/running buddy - Manchester

DoyleMCR

Midshipman
Alright guys

I'm looking for a gym or running partner to train with in Manchester before I take the leap and apply to join.

Currently doing cardio 4-5 times a week, however I'm hopeless at running. My best so far is 2k in 13-14mins (I would of keeled over if I did the full 2.4k). I've cut down on the fags with the aim of ditching them all together, however I'm still really struggling with running!

If anyone's interested, let us know!

Cheers.

slim

War Hero
Mancunians are well fast I've seen them running with a fridge or television in their arms:shaking2:

DoyleMCR

Midshipman
Mancunians are well fast I've seen them running with a fridge or television in their arms:shaking2:

Ha! We've advanced to the next stage now. Some Mancs have been spotted towing a three seater sofa on the back of a mobility scooter

danny

War Hero
Sounds like DoyleMCR is some kind of predator wanting to take advantage of aspirating matelots and WRNS.

Ok probably just the matelots.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS DIO completes state-of-the-art gym for Royal Navy MoD News 0
T Gym work Health & Fitness 4
zombie jiu jitsu, gym, food RFA 14
Walter_white PRNC soon never been to the gym. Joining the Royal Navy 37
R How often do you go to the gym? Health & Fitness 1
M How is the gym on Fort Austin? RFA 3
M RNAS Prestwick Gym Bases / Shore Est 13
D Gym at Phase 2 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S Push-ups, sit-ups, sprints and burpees... welcome to the Royal Marines' gym Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
2_deck_dash Kitting out a man gym. Health & Fitness 34
Rachelthree Gym plans Health & Fitness 40
soleil Mens Health: "The Crew Of HMS Turbulent Stay Fit In The World’s Smallest Gym" Submariners 4
daffy1 The Gym Health & Fitness 1
B Joined a gym getting a personal plan, little help please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
Rolotp Reached my goal in the gym! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 83
T Can someone tell me if my gym routine is ok? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
O Culdrose - Am I able to use gym facilities Bases / Shore Est 16
Barrack_Room_Lawyer RM PTI Gym question The Corps 5
D Gym Stuff Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
C Gym facilities Health & Fitness 4
W FUNNY: A week at the Gym - One Mans story....... Diamond Lil's 3
The_Caretaker A Week At The Gym.... Diamond Lil's 9
D Reserve Forces National Fitness/Gym discount scheme Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
D Gym Discounts for Serving Members Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS Time is running out for businesses to prepare MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Projects hit the ground running post-lockdown MoD News 0
slim Site running slowly Site Issues 5
MoD_RSS Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme up and running MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Almost £400 million to keep England’s buses running MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Independent primary school managers found guilty of running additional illegal school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bankrupt jailed for running company illegally MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hampshire landowner fined for running a scrap metal operation on a protected Site of Special Scientific Interest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sunderland man charged over £12,000 for running illegal waste operation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Demand for North West running equipment sprints ahead MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scheme giving ex-offenders a stable place to live up and running MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disqualified director jailed for second time for illegally running company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three convicted of running an illegal school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inquiry prompted by TV appeal finds failings in running of education charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity Commission disqualifies trustee for ‘wholly inadequate’ running of charitable fund for Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two convicted of running illegal school in London MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Businessman jailed for running three illegal waste sites MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Disqualified boss gets second ban for illegally running restaurant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Liverpool Chinatown contractor banned from running businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Bournemouth and Preston in the running for major transport funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Aaron keeps on running MoD News 0
U Passed running test first week of September - not heard anything back yet Joining the Royal Navy 5
Mr_Gillette Which running shoes are issued at HMS Raleigh? Joining the Royal Navy 47
B Conditioning for running/endurance Health & Fitness 3
dapperdunn Running around the upper scupper The Gash Barge 14
Wazza082 MP4 video files running on consoles Bloody Computers 0