Gym plans

Rachelthree

War Hero
I know there are plenty of threads in this forum but i am going to be a rebel and start a new one!

I feel like i am not getting anywhere with me fitness and was wondering if any of you fitness gurus had any advice. I go swimming at least twice a week and do 3 outdoor runs which is all alreet, but at the gym i don't end up doing alot. I go a few times a week but just tend to do the step machine for 40 mins then get bored and trot off. Any ideas on decent gym plans or where to find them? My weight is alright and i eat well but i guess need a plan that will help keep my weight at this point and also to help improve stamina, strength and whatever else i need for training and beyond. I also do the sit up and press up challenges but my upper body strength could do with improving!

Thanks in advance fitties :D

tentoes

War Hero
Bin the Gym and join local leisure centre, or something like it that runs group circuits, if self motivation doesn't not work for you a bit of peer pressure in the group might?

Rachelthree

War Hero
Yeah might be a good idea to try that, it is not so much that i lack motivation to go and workout by myself- i am just a bit lost in what is most effective to be doing and all that.

tentoes

War Hero
Yeah might be a good idea to try that, it is not so much that i lack motivation to go and workout by myself- i am just a bit lost in what is most effective to be doing and all that.

Gen, now I know I must have been talking a load of old cobblers. :tongue:

Training partner could help, natural partnerships may form when paired off during circuits, and arranged activities will increase your knowledge of what works for you, or what you enjoy and works for you.

Rachelthree

War Hero
Gen, now I know I must have been talking a load of old cobblers. :tongue:

Training partner could help, natural partnerships may form when paired off during circuits, and arranged activities will increase your knowledge of what works for you, or what you enjoy and works for you.

Haha, i did circuits, boxfit which works on the same principal and that at my uni gym but the gym back home is being renovated and so hold no classes at the moment :( im so dedicated though i am prepared to cycle a few miles to get to the next gym. Makes sense everything you suggest so i am gonna hit them up tomorrow :)

LaurenMc

Lantern Swinger
Just to Geg in on this,, if anyone has any tips on building upper body strength, they will be greatly appreciated, (weights I know duh, but how) thankssss

GNG

Midshipman
You want to swap your "40 minutes" for 25-30 minutes interval. Hop onto the treadmill and do a two minute warm up at 40% max pace I.e. 9km/h then do one minute at 15km/h then another at 7km/h. Repeat the minute at 15 followe by the minute at 7 for 20 minutes.

Circuit wise, incorporate full range of motion ie instead of isolating shoulder press squats chest press etc do squats going into chest press, it won't make you bulk up it'll greatly help fat loss and toning as well as improving your performance by breaking the plateau you're on at the moment.

You should ideally change routine every 2 months at the latest or you'll stop making gainzzz

Latest Threads