Gym Discounts for Serving Members

National schemes now exist giving serving Armed Forces members discounts. If you are interested in getting a discount from your gym/club, read on. This applies if you are already a member of the clubs involved.

We have negotiated discounts with some of the leading clubs around the UK and can offer these to any military personnel. Simply the more people who get involved, the more discount we can negotiate. New discount packages became available from April 2006.

The main players are:

LA Fitness
Fitness First
Virgin Active

Background. This scheme was set up for my TA sub-unit in order to improve fitness. I needed to encourage my guys to get to the gym. Now, some months on, we can offer this nationally. We are getting about 25% off the normally monthly fees and benefit from some special conditions. i.e If you are deployed away you can freeze/cancel your account with one of the gyms - you don't get that with many clubs!

How to take part.
There is no fee to join, it is totally free. All we ask is that you register on our site to get the information. Why? We need to be able to provide statistics to new and exisiting clubs to help us negotiate continued discounts and registering gives us some ammo!

If you are a member of a club that is not part of our agreement, let us know and we will try to negotiate for you - it's surprising what healthy competition can do for prices!

To go to the site click here The detail on the site is aimed at TA Officers and Soldiers, but is open to all MOD personnel.

Please feel free to pass this URL on to your service friends, but please ask them to register on the site.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Gym work Health & Fitness 4
zombie jiu jitsu, gym, food RFA 14
Walter_white PRNC soon never been to the gym. Joining the Royal Navy 37
R How often do you go to the gym? Health & Fitness 1
DoyleMCR Gym/running buddy - Manchester Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
M How is the gym on Fort Austin? RFA 3
M RNAS Prestwick Gym Bases / Shore Est 13
D Gym at Phase 2 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S Push-ups, sit-ups, sprints and burpees... welcome to the Royal Marines' gym Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
2_deck_dash Kitting out a man gym. Health & Fitness 34
Rachelthree Gym plans Health & Fitness 40
soleil Mens Health: "The Crew Of HMS Turbulent Stay Fit In The World’s Smallest Gym" Submariners 4
daffy1 The Gym Health & Fitness 1
B Joined a gym getting a personal plan, little help please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
Rolotp Reached my goal in the gym! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 83
T Can someone tell me if my gym routine is ok? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
O Culdrose - Am I able to use gym facilities Bases / Shore Est 16
Barrack_Room_Lawyer RM PTI Gym question The Corps 5
D Gym Stuff Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
C Gym facilities Health & Fitness 4
W FUNNY: A week at the Gym - One Mans story....... Diamond Lil's 3
The_Caretaker A Week At The Gym.... Diamond Lil's 9
D Reserve Forces National Fitness/Gym discount scheme Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
MoD_RSS Korg fined £1.5 million for illegally preventing online price discounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £4.5 million fine for Fender for illegally preventing online price discounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Music firms illegally prevented discounts, CMA alleges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guitar maker fined £4.5m for illegally preventing price discounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA alleges guitar firm illegally prevented price discounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Piano supplier fined £3.7m for illegally preventing price discounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: CMA alleges piano supplier illegally prevented price discounts MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Gunwharf Quays discounts Finance & Pensions 0
daffy1 Forces Discounts Travel & The Great Outdoors 0
N Discounts on a Rig Run Current Affairs 19
slim Brothel offers discounts for jobless men Diamond Lil's 4
J RNR Discounts Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 39
MoD_RSS Addressing suicides among veterans and serving personnel MoD News 0
vauxhall Public Consultation on Legal Protection for Armed Forces Personnel Serving Abroad on Operations The Quarterdeck 1
C Still serving? The Quarterdeck 7
P Membership of organisations whilst serving Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
JBNVY18 Joining the RN while partner is serving too! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
N Speaking to serving officers Joining the Royal Navy 1
Z Training Management Officers (Serving) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Natural England’s longest-serving Chair retires MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Natural England’s longest-serving Chair retires MoD News 0
W Glaucoma whilst serving Health & Fitness 4
M Self-harm and suicide attempts while serving Submariners 7
soleil BBC R4: Woman's Hour: Women Serving In The Royal Navy Current Affairs 2
Sumo New help line for Serving and Ex Service MoD News 0
2 Serving matelots and Veterans The Quarterdeck 31
SA-Sharky Questions for serving female, or husbands with wives in the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9