Guzz Clubs - Slim gets a mention

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by janner, Sep 3, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

2. The infamous Diamond Lills, Ronnie Potter was a legend but unfortunately the place closed and Ronnie was then seen in many Plymouth hostelries playing his organ.
    Memories of long gone days:(
  3. For those not familiar with Diamond Lils in the 70's, watch the first 6 minutes of this episode of Sailor and see what we had to put up with on a blank week.

4. The bootie club, Commodore? I think, hang on was it Cascades?
    Cider house end of Union Street, United Services, nice tipple of rough, the locals weren't much better.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  5. Commodore club, in Cornwall St. was popular with Submariners.
    The Cascade, in Lockyer St. was popular with 'shy' matelots.
  6. Thought that was Harry's
    Near the Hoe?

7. a nice ring to it, hasn't it. :D
  8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Did blokes take their wives to the strip show, haha.

At 2:38 she's sitting looking on.
  9. It wasn't a strip show... It was cabaret. :)
  10. Let's just say it was a different kind of entertainment?:confused:
    The Arc's last night was a bit false as the entertainers did usually get that close?
    Look at the last 10mins of the Sailor program as they are all being trooped, funny, and it brings back memories?
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Watching that pish once is enough.

I'll grab my coat now before all you gents jump in the DeLorean and head down memory road.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Christ on a bike! I'd forgotten just how shee-ite Lil's actually was! :eek: *

Didn't stop me going back though... frequently :oops:

*Maybe they should have renamed it 'The Gash Barge'.
  13. I think Lil's was a place I never went to without a skin full of ale, maybe that's why we never noticed how bad it was?
    Just after that bit the drunks were going back onboard, how many times did the QM shout mind you heads? Thud, sickbay!
  14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I don't remember being asked to leave Lils so perhaps it wasn't in being during the 1960's.
  15. One thing I do remember was the ale was white, good job I was full before I went in.
    One of the lads in the poo was told he had a very expensive run ashore, he spent a tenner, how times have changed?