Gurkhas will be sacked early to reduce their pension rights

Standard_Bearer

Lantern Swinger
Re: Gurkhas will be sacked early to reduce their pension rig

The gurkhas are being seen off, the police are being seen off, the Coastguard are being seen off Joe Public is being seen off. This government has got a lot to answer for. All the taxes we pay, where are they going? We are almost a police state, if you could find the police. You can't say this you can't do that. :pukel:
If my memory serves me right I read that Harold Wilson ( Labour Prime Minister 1964 - 76 ) was almost outed by a military coup :rambo:

I find it difficult to believe this thread, a little voice inside me says it can't be true. Another cynical realistic voice says oh yes it is! :threaten:
I'm actually so numbed I can't think of anything else to say. :rambo:

War Hero

Crabman said:
I find it difficult to believe this thread, a little voice inside me says it can't be true. Another cynical realistic voice says oh yes it is!

My cynical realist voice says that there isn't an office in main building intentionally screwing people around like this, it's far more likely to be an absence of joined up thinking. It's likely that those responsible for the different decisions work yards away from one another, just never talk to one another.

Bergen

ADC

Maybe if the British Government declared vistory and pulled out of Britain in the same way that they pulled out of Basrah then things would start looking up & the Brits would feel some 'cautious optimism' :thumright:

FROM THE TIMES >

Crumbling services and violence on the streets, but hope follows British pullout
Ali Hamdani in Basra

Cautious optimism is stirring in Basra as it shakes off almost five years of British control marked by insecurity and crumbling public services...................

RM

AfterSSE

War Hero

Karma said:
My cynical realist voice says that there isn't an office in main building intentionally screwing people around like this, it's far more likely to be an absence of joined up thinking. It's likely that those responsible for the different decisions work yards away from one another, just never talk to one another.

Possibly quite true, however they do have highly paid PR people, who obviously are overpaid? Seems the problems aren't unique to your country as we seem to have the same type of ineptness over here, course that could be because we inherited your system...we need a republic....Democracy over here is in the hands of the very few...and everyone wonders why voter turnout is pathetic... :hockey: