Gurkha Ruling tomorrow : Get your MP to support

Lantern Swinger
I have had an email from

" Nick Clegg has agreed to put a vote to Parliament this Wednesday calling for a fair deal for Gurkhas. This vote on its own won't change the Government's ruling, but would be an overwhelming signal to the Government that they need to think again. We need all MPs that support the Gurkha justice cause to turn up and vote for a proper deal for Gurkhas on Wednesday. Can I ask that you take a couple of minutes right now to ask your MP to do so? You can send a message to your MP directly at - please ask them to support the Gurkha Justice motion on Wednesday. On Wednesday, there will also be a Gurkha Justice rally and protest against the Government's decision, starting at noon in Old Palace Yard, Westminster. Many MPs have already committed to support the vote and join me and others at the rally. I know it's awfully short notice, but if you can, please do come along as well to add your support."

Hopefully you will email your MP's in order to show the strength of feeling about the way the Gurkas have been treated. I have emailed mine, just hope they turn up!
Done although I won't hold my breath on any support from my M.P. as going by his track record any deviation from toeing the party line appears to be a non starter, but at least he has been made aware.