Gulf War Veteran Meets The Queen

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Pompey News Online said:
Ii was a proud moment for local Gulf War veteran Allen Parton who met the Queen as she officially opened the new British Legion Headquarters in London.

Mr Parton, from Clanfield, Waterlooville, who was injured in 1991 during the Gulf War, said: 'It was a lovely day and very nice to meet the Queen.'

[Story continues here...]

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
According to March Navy News, there will be a programme on Sky Real Lives - March 12 at 9pm - 'The Dog that Saved our Marriage. Also there is a book out 'Endal, How one extraordinary Dog brought a family back from the brink' published by Harper/True, priced £6.99. (sorry, I haven't worked out how to put links on yet!! and I'm having to do this one handed, hand in pot after an op)
One for my shopping list.
JW

flymo

War Hero
Jenwren said:
According to March Navy News, there will be a programme on Sky Real Lives - March 12 at 9pm - 'The Dog that Saved our Marriage. Also there is a book out 'Endal, How one extraordinary Dog brought a family back from the brink' published by Harper/True, priced £6.99. (sorry, I haven't worked out how to put links on yet!! and I'm having to do this one handed, hand in pot after an op)
JW
Must be having a daft moment after changing too many strimmer nappies. What has this got to do with the chap who met the Queen?

JamesSN

Midshipman
flymo said:
Jenwren said:
JW
Must be having a daft moment after changing too many strimmer nappies. What has this got to do with the chap who met the Queen?
My thoughts exactly...

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
Keep up guys - Allen Parton who is the Gulf Veteran who met the Queen is the owner of the dog - Endal! If you go into the link that was providedd after my post you will see for youselves.
I should stop changing strimmer nappies if I were you!
JW

flymo

War Hero
Jenwren said:
Keep up guys - Allen Parton who is the Gulf Veteran who met the Queen is the owner of the dog - Endal! If you go into the link that was providedd after my post you will see for youselves.
I should stop changing strimmer nappies if I were you!
JW
Wish I could. He caught a bug after a mum bought round her sick child last Saturday and didn't bother to tell us that she was ill - she allowed us to find out after her daughter shat herself in our pad. Even though we ran round the house "Dettoll"ing Strimmer's toys and obvious places he still caught it. Nice huh? Some people here are definitely missing a "clue by 4"... :-(

I understand the link thingy now.

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
ok i'll forgive you!! can understand stress of poor little strimmer, as they say, been there done that!!! hope he soon recovers - some folk don't have sensible thought in their heads- is that why we call them 'air heads' :D
JW

Glad to hear it. I only met Endal once and was bowled over with admiration. It wasn't so much a question of what he could do for his owner as a question of whether there was anything he couldn't do. See more outstanding examples of Canine Partners for Independence here including a couple belonging to ex-servicewomen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stirlin Memorial for Britons killed in first Gulf War is unveiled Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces to pay tribute on 25th anniversary of First Gulf War MoD News 1
I RFA ORANGELEAF - Crew/Ships articles Gulf War 90-91 Casualties. HELP RFA 9
soleil Telegraph: "Royal Marine Who Brought AK47 Home From Gulf War Spared Jail" The Corps 12
soleil Guardian: "Gulf War, 20 Years On: Memories Of Desert Storm" Current Affairs 10
jannerpig88 o boats ,gulf war Submariners 12
sussex2 Gulf war syndrome.. Health & Fitness 3
A Gulf War illnesses Current Affairs 3
C Tracing a civvie ship MV Lena 1991 - Gulf War 1 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Lingyai Gulf War Vet Under Suspicion Current Affairs 6
soleil The News: "Royal Navy Destroyer Prone To Breaking Down In The Gulf Leaves Portsmouth For Key Engine Upgrade" The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary's first Gulf visit to showcase Britain's strengths MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Officer takes command of Gulf maritime security mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for the Middle East and North Africa completes tour of the Gulf MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK joins international maritime security mission in the Gulf MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMS DUNCAN arrives in the Gulf MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Situation in the Gulf: Foreign Secretary statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Maritime security in the Gulf: UK government response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MOD update on the UK military presence in the Gulf MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Gulf of Oman attacks: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary travels to the Gulf to boost momentum on Yemen peace process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary travels to the Gulf to push for end to Yemen bloodshed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK cements position in Gulf with new joint base in Oman MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Gulf security tops agenda at Chiefs of Defence meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister reaffirms UK commitment to the Gulf MoD News 0
soleil RN Website: "Horse Racing Legend Frankie Dettori Visits HMS Ledbury In The Gulf" The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS News story: New Royal Navy operations hub opens in Gulf MoD News 3
MoD_RSS Press release: PM calls with Gulf leaders: 15 June 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Prime Minister's speech to the Gulf Co-operation Council 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM to boost defence and security co-operation with Gulf allies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Prime Minister’s visit to Bahrain and the Gulf Co-operation Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Prime Minister seeks new chapter in relations with the Gulf on visit to Bahrain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary in the Gulf to Discuss Countering Daesh and the Yemen Crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK to lead Gulf Maritime Force MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces pay tribute on 25th anniversary of Gulf conflict MoD News 0
soleil T'Graph: "The Importance Of Maintaining A Strong Royal Navy Presence In The Gulf" Bases / Shore Est 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK warship joins Kuwaiti forces in Gulf exercise MoD News 0
soleil Herald: "Plymouth Warship Intercepts £5.4million Cannabis Resin Haul In Gulf Of Oman" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS News story: Gulf mine warfare exercise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy flies flag for UK at Gulf exhibition MoD News 0
2 Which Gulf? The Gash Barge 14
soleil Shipping Times: "Royal Navy Minehunters Six Years In Gulf" The Fleet 0
DemobJob Outdoor Maintenance Manager - Gulf Region - $75,000 to $85,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS UK mine warfare force changeover in the Gulf Current Affairs 0
trelawney126 US Vessel Fires at Threat in Gulf Current Affairs 68
MoD_RSS Navy minehunters sail for Gulf Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Navy minehunter in Gulf exercises with US Navy Current Affairs 0
drewfester RN mightiest warship heads to Gulf Current Affairs 17
instinct The mystery of the Quoins, Forbidden passage through the Persian Gulf History 2
MoD_RSS HMS Grimbsy home from the Gulf Current Affairs 1