Gulf War Veteran Meets The Queen

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#1
Pompey News Online said:
Ii was a proud moment for local Gulf War veteran Allen Parton who met the Queen as she officially opened the new British Legion Headquarters in London.

Mr Parton, from Clanfield, Waterlooville, who was injured in 1991 during the Gulf War, said: 'It was a lovely day and very nice to meet the Queen.'

[Story continues here...]
 

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
#2
According to March Navy News, there will be a programme on Sky Real Lives - March 12 at 9pm - 'The Dog that Saved our Marriage. Also there is a book out 'Endal, How one extraordinary Dog brought a family back from the brink' published by Harper/True, priced £6.99. (sorry, I haven't worked out how to put links on yet!! and I'm having to do this one handed, hand in pot after an op)
One for my shopping list.
JW
 
#4
Jenwren said:
According to March Navy News, there will be a programme on Sky Real Lives - March 12 at 9pm - 'The Dog that Saved our Marriage. Also there is a book out 'Endal, How one extraordinary Dog brought a family back from the brink' published by Harper/True, priced £6.99. (sorry, I haven't worked out how to put links on yet!! and I'm having to do this one handed, hand in pot after an op)
One for my shopping list.
JW
Must be having a daft moment after changing too many strimmer nappies. What has this got to do with the chap who met the Queen?
 
#5
flymo said:
Jenwren said:
According to March Navy News, there will be a programme on Sky Real Lives - March 12 at 9pm - 'The Dog that Saved our Marriage. Also there is a book out 'Endal, How one extraordinary Dog brought a family back from the brink' published by Harper/True, priced £6.99. (sorry, I haven't worked out how to put links on yet!! and I'm having to do this one handed, hand in pot after an op)
One for my shopping list.
JW
Must be having a daft moment after changing too many strimmer nappies. What has this got to do with the chap who met the Queen?
My thoughts exactly...
 

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
#6
Keep up guys - Allen Parton who is the Gulf Veteran who met the Queen is the owner of the dog - Endal! If you go into the link that was providedd after my post you will see for youselves.
I should stop changing strimmer nappies if I were you!
JW
 
#7
Jenwren said:
Keep up guys - Allen Parton who is the Gulf Veteran who met the Queen is the owner of the dog - Endal! If you go into the link that was providedd after my post you will see for youselves.
I should stop changing strimmer nappies if I were you!
JW
Wish I could. He caught a bug after a mum bought round her sick child last Saturday and didn't bother to tell us that she was ill - she allowed us to find out after her daughter shat herself in our pad. Even though we ran round the house "Dettoll"ing Strimmer's toys and obvious places he still caught it. Nice huh? Some people here are definitely missing a "clue by 4"... :-(

I understand the link thingy now.
 

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
#8
ok i'll forgive you!! can understand stress of poor little strimmer, as they say, been there done that!!! hope he soon recovers - some folk don't have sensible thought in their heads- is that why we call them 'air heads' :D
JW
 
#12
Glad to hear it. I only met Endal once and was bowled over with admiration. It wasn't so much a question of what he could do for his owner as a question of whether there was anything he couldn't do. See more outstanding examples of Canine Partners for Independence here including a couple belonging to ex-servicewomen.