Guitar?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jack!, Mar 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

Again I run the risk of this being another daft question.

Is it possible to take a guitar onboard? Obviously space is at a premium, but would it be possible to stash it somewhere or is this a slightly ridiculous idea?

Thanks,

Jack!

2. Ukulele more appropriate perhaps.

3. You can always find somewhere to stash a guitar.

4. And if you can't someone else will.

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't forget the amplifier, they have waterproof stowage in the hanger on targets, Boats of cours have the music room so no problems there. There are good reasons for musical types to go the boat route, the music can be appreciated by everyone during the regular silent routine

6. Jack, despite the question being asked before which a simple search would have found as Tommo has shown, it's not a daft question as you are right that space is limted. I would suggest that you don't pitch up on day one with it but first have a word with your mess killick to find out if and where you can keep it before bringing it onboard.

For others wishing to bring different types of musical instruments onboard, I know of people who have been able to bring on a full drum kit but as a 'baby matelot' you will unlikely be given permission for something like that. Before anyone asks, don't even think about bringing on a grand piano and a concert harp might be a bit of a struggle.

It is also refreshing to be able to read a question from a newbie who has bothered using comprehensible English as opposed to the usual thick and lazy twunts who seem to think that not bothering to write properly is actually a cool and trendy thing to do.