Guinness is good for you.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by stirling2, Sep 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder what they used to get the cap off the bottle!!!
    :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:
  2. A bottle opener of course,every bedroom should have one. :thumright:
  3. I've never heard it called a bottle opener!
  4. Another one I can't view on this infernal machine. The thought Police obviously don't like Guinness either.

5. I couldn't either. I looked it up on Youtube with a search for Guinness Advert.
  6. Wasn't it "ah Mackeson"?

Anyway, I've seen ITV car adverts that are more "adult" than that.
  7. YouTube?? That's even more inaccessible than Maxim.

8. Mackeson: Looks good,tastes good and by jolly does you good!

Is it still on sale?
  9. We sell it. And Manns!!!
  10. RG
    Mackeson is definitely still available. Mrs DE puts it in the Figgy Duff for Crimbo - along with copious amounts of sherry and cognac. Tescos sell it.
  11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Not in Dorchester they don't, Tesco have just been banned from selling booze for a week for selling it to a thirteen year girl. Apparantly a weeks sales equal a hundred thousand pounds (local paper estimate, but it sounds a lot to me). Don't try to stock your booze up therer between the 20th and 27th of this month
  12. That'll learn 'em.
  13. Disgusting ...........Don't those guys realise they could catch anything when sharing that bottle !!!!
  14. Now I know why they are trying to ban sex from adverts. Spoilsports!
  15. Isn't it called comradeship: sharing one's hospitality, etc with others? :biggrin:
  16. Sharing a bird is one thing but sharing your pint, no chance.
  17. Thre are 2 old guys (70+) and an old dear who go in my local and drink bottles of Guinness.

Guess what image now goes through my mind when I see them leaving the pub together? o_O :pukel: