Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guide And Gazette: "Did You Serve At Shore Base HMS Collingwood?"

soleil

War Hero
Did you serve at shore base HMS Collingwood? - Local Headlines - Guide and Gazette

(The link which I originally posted in 2012 doesn't seem to be working now, but I think that it was to do with the formation of an association called the HMS Collingwood Association, as mentioned in the following).

Last edited:

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Did OEM's course, killicks course and part of Mechs course there but have no real desire to go back, knowing my luck shovel face would be waiting at the gate!

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Ah Shovel face,what was it he said to me when I turned my back on him after I thought he had finished rollicking me during EMDs?
"Young man, when you reach the dizzy heights of senior rate,the Navy will have gone to the dogs,thank god I will be long gone!" 22 years later I guess he was right!

cheddarman

Badgeman
Probably a bit late to add to this post but what the heck, better late than never! As an JREM I did my initial, LREM & PORE courses there. Initial 18months months square bashing and basic electronics etc 1955-1956 them of to the West Indies on HMS Bigbury Bay.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Arbroath Guide & Gazette: "Carnoustie Man Receives New Year Honour" The Fleet Air Arm 0
MoD_RSS CMA updates competition law risk guide for managers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guide to GCSE results for England, 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guide to AS and A level results for England, 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD actuary helps produce guide for users of climate-related financial disclosures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MAA email alert guide MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guide helps find and classify geospatial datasets across search engines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Arts Minister launches call to save a Medieval guide for hermits MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp A Guide to perfect ironing Joining the Royal Navy 15
P Step by step guide into the Navy 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
R HMS Raleigh and guide dogs Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS New guide aims to make location data more accessible MoD News 0
vauxhall MOD guide for the Annual Allowance Notification Letter Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS New guide for parents of LGBT+ children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guide to GCSE results for England, 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guide to AS and A level results for England, 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New Council Tax guide protects most vulnerable households MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New guide to help consumer markets better support adults at risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Regulator issues guide on becoming a registered provider MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New guide to help consumer markets better support adults at risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ethical principles to guide police facial recognition trials MoD News 0
vauxhall Preserved Pension Benefits Guide Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS News story: A visual guide to Exercise Saif Sareea logistics MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New pocket guide for troops to access mental health support MoD News 0
D Does anyone have experience with the JobTestPrep guide for AIB? RFA 4
SONAR-BENDER I'm a Girl Guide! No, REALLY! I am! Diamond Lil's 13
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Survival Guide for Navy For Moms Newbies Nearest & Dearest 1
Stirlin Pension guide. Finance & Pensions 4
MoD_RSS News story: New lights will guide the way for Queen Elizabeth Class carriers MoD News 0
M Medical Officer Cadetship - Definitive Guide! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS News story: New guide for civilians working on military exercises MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MAA email alert guide MoD News 0
diehard Gig guide Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 14
Guns User guide to the new software. Site Issues 4
FreedomTea From picking up the phone to Britannia - A guide to Officer Selection Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
taffscrivs Good Pub Guide 2014 Diamond Lil's 73
sgtpepperband Gentlemen and Tarpaulins: "The Journalist’s Guide To Writing About The Royal Navy" The Quarterdeck 3
sgtpepperband A Guide to the Naval Records in the UK National Archives History 6
Bad CO The Official ARRSE Guide to the British Army by Major Des Astor Competitions 1
janner Texan’s Guide to Life Miscellaneous 3
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp D-I-Y Guide to Seemingly Innocent Questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
cadetsmum An Idiots guide to Flying Aptitude Tests required The Fleet Air Arm 39
witsend The Which Guide To Joining The RN (v1.0 Lil's) Diamond Lil's 32
F Free Forces Home-Buying Guide Finance & Pensions 5
soleil Pompey News: "New iPhone App Guide To Royal Navy Ships" The Fleet 1
Seven Spurious Officer CD-ROM -"Insiders' guide to success" Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
BillyNoMates The R.R. Good Pub Guide 2010 Diamond Lil's 17
S Ultimate Guide - Submarines The Quarterdeck 0
Blackrat Skiffing. A Guide For Beginners. Diamond Lil's 26
Ageing_Gracefully Joining the Royal Navy: The Insiders' Guide Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7