Guidance Notes on Medical Standards For Entry

slimeman

Slightly odd - I managed to open the pdf and locate the matrix but the page can't be located. Strange considering that the RNR matrix opens up perfectly.

slimeman

Thanks Ninja_Stoker.

I appreciate that you might not be able to remember as you don't have ready access to the matrix, but is AET also VA3 or not? I don't see why it would be any different to the other engineering branches.

Many thanks.

slimeman

Sorry Ninja, just one more request...I promise!

Is Naval Airman (Aircraft Handler) also VA2?

Cheers for the replies, they've been incredibly helpful (unfortunately for me I have knackered eyesight so don't want to get my hopes set on certain trades).

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Sorry Ninja, just one more request...I promise!

Is Naval Airman (Aircraft Handler) also VA2?

Cheers for the replies, they've been incredibly helpful (unfortunately for me I have knackered eyesight so don't want to get my hopes set on certain trades).
AET is actually VA3 but Colour Perception CP2 - I've corrected my above post. ET(ME) & ET(WE) are VA3, CP4

Aircraft Controller is VA2, CP2 but max age 25.

Aircraft Handler is VA3, CP3 - same as Survival Equipment

slimeman

AET is actually VA3 but Colour Perception CP2 - I've corrected my above post. ET(ME) & ET(WE) are VA3, CP4

Aircraft Controller is VA2, CP2 but max age 25.

Aircraft Handler is VA3, CP3 - same as Survival Equipment

Brilliant Ninja_Stoker, thanks for following it up. Now I need to hope that I do well in mechanical comprehension or I'm going to be severely restricted in the number of trades I'm eligible for.

Also, this is a bit if a strange one - but has your AFCO ever had experience of a recruit having the superior right eye performance for VA2 waived? It's annoying as my left eye is near perfect, but a squint in my right eye means I dont meet the specified standard for VA2.

I've read it being due to the configuration of firing the SA80, but is there any reason why this is so for a non-combat role?

photface

Lantern Swinger
Hi all. I guess my question relates to re joining after being discharged TU.
I joined up as a chef when I was just turning 19. I enjoyed it for the most part but it was a very impulsive decision of mine (went to careers office on my way back from getting bread and milk, three months later was at Raleigh). I realise that I was too immature the first time round and the circumstances stacked themselves against me (got severely ill and couldn't cope with the bullying that ensued). I'm now 26 and in a much better place, much more together and finishing off a nursing degree. I wNted to give it another go as a nursing officer but not sure they would let me back in. Opinions please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Your suitability for future employment in the Naval service will hinge on the recorded circumstances leading-up to discharge and your medical history, post discharge.

If bullied, as claimed, then it is unusual for a person to even consider the prospect of returning, particularly if it directly affected their health.

In short: Nothing stopping you applying, no guarantee either way.

Best of luck.