Guest of Honour/guest speaker suggestions

My mate does a good trick of sticking coins down his foreskin. He got £5.50 in 50p's once. He was gutted because his dad managed £7.50. Not bad considering he's Jewish!

Might have to leave that until after the coffee though.

My mate does a good trick of sticking coins down his foreskin. He got £5.50 in 50p's once. He was gutted because his dad managed £7.50. Not bad considering he's Jewish!

Might have to leave that until after the coffee though.

Looks like we've got the nod on this one. Guest speaker accepted our invitation. Now to choose the venue, pick the VIP's, and contact the RM Band Service to see if we qualify to have them at our function.

Thanks for all your hints, tips, suggestions and advice guys. Very much appreciated. If anyone is seriously interested in attending PM me and I will make sure we send you details when they are finalised.

Thanks again.

If you are looking to do a prize draw many places are usually willing to donate fairly good prizes to charity ones. If you send a letter on headed paper and explain the charity, what event the raffle will be held at, how many you expect to be in attendance etc they see it as good promo. When i did the london to paris bike ride managed to get an array; ranging from a 3 course meal and bottle of wine in an actual classy place, a weekend away through to some beauty gift sets and smaller things. Supermarkets gave some pre paid cards as I suppose they knew the person who won would go instore and probably spend more. Don't ask and don't get and all that :D as well as a raffle if you get some good bottles or something tombola works pretty well as people often will have several go's in an attempt to win the thing they have their eye on!

All the best with the event :)

Thanks for that Rachelthree. I think we're looking more at an auction but I will definitely bear that in mind.

As for cheek, our unit's built on getting something for nothing :plotting:

Right L&G's,

Thanks all for your input on this. I'm pleased to confirm that the venue, guest speaker and musicians are now all booked. We are now busy putting the finishing touches to the design of the posters, leaflets, webpage etc.

If you have a genuine interest in attending this event please pm me with your contact details and I will make sure that you are included on the distribution list.

Once everything goes live i'll forward on a link with everything from the venue, format for the evening, menu, hotels etc.

Thanks again.
TH

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Right L&G's,

Thanks all for your input on this. I'm pleased to confirm that the venue, guest speaker and musicians are now all booked. We are now busy putting the finishing touches to the design of the posters, leaflets, webpage etc.

If you have a genuine interest in attending this event please pm me with your contact details and I will make sure that you are included on the distribution list.

Once everything goes live i'll forward on a link with everything from the venue, format for the evening, menu, hotels etc.

Thanks again.
TH
And of course after the event you will post pics from the post dinner bar antics! :pain10:

We're delighted to have secured Professor Eric Grove.

Aging Gracefully - why don't you come along and join in?

Last edited:
There are some fantastic speakers in the RNA. Why don't you contact RNA he and see if they can recommend someone in the know. There is also a naval history society I'm pretty share you will find someone local

There are some fantastic speakers in the RNA. Why don't you contact RNA he and see if they can recommend someone in the know. There is also a naval history society I'm pretty share you will find someone local
Our Pres is an ex sea fury pilot and has some great stories, however I think he's on the second round of them now! :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Last edited:
Ladies & gents,

We're pleased to announce the launch of the webpage and facebook page for the Royal Naval Division Commemorative Dinner.

Please take the time to have a look and if you are interested in attending you can download the return slip and promotional poster.

We are currently negotiating with local hotels for discounted room rates and will post details of these in due course.

We are also in the process of aquiring high end raffle prizes in support of the RNRMC. Again, details will be posted in due course.

RND Dinner | Ceres Division

https://www.facebook.com/rnd.dinner

Thanks for your support.

TH

Looks good.

Fillet of beef for that price is a steal. Most dinners I've been to are also about 55 quid, but you usually get some chicken thing dressed up to look posh.

You're right there 2DD. Everywhere else wanted to charge more or cheapen the evening. The Headingley Experience were really keen to have this event at their venue. They're great supporters of the RN and hold the State of Origin match every year.

The names suggested above are quite famous in their field and known for their speaking and leadership qualities. The theme of the event provides great options for you. For After Dinner Event, one must choose a speaker that can inspire/motivate as well as lighten the mood and the atmosphere. You may take a look at Colonel Tim Collins; former army officer and a motivator as an after dinner speaker.

MOD COMMENT - edited to remove blatant advert. OP- first and final warning. Do it again and you're toast. Suspect you won't be back though as you just found this page through Google and made a single, wooly comment. Thanks for your input. AD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A The Corps 0
zombie RFA 6
Stirling Diamond Lil's 3