Guesstimate anyone ?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by moggy_mad, Jan 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My son passed his interview on Monday, sat his RT mid october ET(WE)SM.
    The smashing chap who interviewed him could not give him even a guess of a rough estimate of a start date, merely said that security clearance was being sent off straight away and would take 1 to 3 months, he didn't see any problems with SC as he is 17, no brushes with the law and obviously no financial history/ commitments.
    I have of course read the waiting times and when are you going to Raleigh threads.
    Do Raleigh intakes take certain trades each intake?
    I have noticed a couple of ET(WE)SM on the 30th May intake, but presume that date may be full ?
    I am thinking myself June/July which would be 8-9 months wait from RT test for one of the shortest waiting time trades :?
    Anyone like to guesstimate ? :)
  2. Mystic Meg might know. You said that you have read the threads. What more do you need.
  3. Hey wow what a thread killer !!
  4. MM

I would say your own guess was not that bad, actually ......
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, I'd concur - unless there's been a huge increase in applicants or reduction in ET(WESM) courses.

We've not had an update yet, but all indications are that numbers of places available are decreasing & waiting times increasing.
  6. How frustrating, I'm getting good at this waiting game though :D
  7. Thanks soleil and NS :)
    It shows that waiting times are getting longer ....
    A concern should be those that have completed everything and the medical, PJFT running out after 12 months.
    Should it be time to say no new applicants ?(for the time being) and process the those in the system that have completed the entry shift the obviously increasing backlog
  8. how long have you been waiting for lad?
  9. Passed all aspects of selection at the beginning of November but restarted my app at the beginning of October, so about 4 months waiting on a date.

10. im going in as etwe and ive been told i'll get a date between july and october so this may include etwe sm as well
  11. Started me app aug 11 for ws, got a 24 month wait unless the waiting times go down but from what i understand its very unlikely.
  12. Does that mean you'll have to re-do your PJFT?
  13. yer mate i will but thats the least of me worries just hope these waiting times go down. and secound time round ill probly get a better time 8)