Guardian: Philip Hammond - "In Defence Of Drones"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Dec 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having read the comments on the Guardian website I've come to the conclusion that evolution has failed.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Alright , own up - which one of you wrote 'Fly Navy, Eat Crab' in the DM comments?

• Like Like x 3
  3. That same thought had crossed my mind Dappers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I wear flying overalls when i'm sat in my cabin playing the flight simulator. Red Arrow one! Everyone does that right!?

5. Seem to remember reading there is something of a "division" between the real jet jockeys and the drone "pilots". Must be like Tiffs and Clankies! :iconbiggrin:

6. Our killick writer on 820 (88) was playing some sub hunting game on his Sega, one of the lads called for him and he had anti flash hood marks on his nose (after a bit of rushing around and calls of wait a minute).

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013

7. Probably to avoid confusion with the milkman or paybob. They do have a blue laurel on their "Wings" to show they are not 'Proper' pilots. I'm surprised they don't wear helmets though. A feckin three year old could do it. :happy1:

8. Who cares, they do a job, same as other members of the forces.

9. Jackspeak, by Rick Jolly.....page C 123 - Cross dressing - a writer in action overalls. :cool:

10. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Do these lefty nitwits that complain about drones WANT to see pics like that of the bashed-up John Nicol on TV again?