Guardian: "Ministry Of Defence Police Face Up To 1,500 Job Cuts"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Dec 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About time too, it's a bugger sneaking 200 DF's out of the gate these days.

2. Seems a sound action when there will be little or nothing to police, bunch of thrushes anyway.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  3. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I wonder, should I be concerned about these cuts? Will the safety of our bases be lessened, will crime soar?

Perhaps we need a measure of how effective MoD plod are - number of arrests made as compared to local Police Service? (I know that'll be comparing arrests per day to arrests per 20+year career)

A review of the types of crimes they are involved in? (exhaustively checking cars for valid parking permits compared to keeping public streets safe?)

A comparison of MPGS to MoD plod - cost/role? (Both armed, both 'guard', one gets paid a lot more for doing, not a lot more?)

I think MPGS and MoD Plod share the same C2 and funding, so perhaps we could get more of the former to make up for less MoD Plod? I have a feeling we mightn't be any worse off.......

4. Bet they wish they got amalgamated with the Service Police in that failed review of defence policing from a good few years ago