Guard this Sunday

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
dunkers said:
Nobody then..?

Didn't you listen to that sage advice given freely when you were a new entry, you know the one that goes "Never volunteer for anything!" :)

(By the way, neither did I!)

dunkers

War Hero
Oh I try to avoid volunteering as much as possible :) but then I get pinged for something and can't get out of it...

I have never touched an SA80 in my life before, and have got one day's guard training on Saturday before the parade on Sunday. Oh what fun this will be! One day to learn rifle drill; can it be done? :lol:

dunkers said:
Oh I try to avoid volunteering as much as possible :) but then I get pinged for something and can't get out of it...

I have never touched an SA80 in my life before, and have got one day's guard training on Saturday before the parade on Sunday. Oh what fun this will be! One day to learn rifle drill; can it be done? :lol:

You'll be OK Dunkers and you'll do the RNR proud! Just remember not to drink too much liquid immediately beforehand... :wink:

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
You all know my policy on volunteering. On the bright side those nice fellows in the British Legion normally look after those who take part in these occasions.

SF

mazza_magoo

Lantern Swinger
well dunkers, if it's your first one, it won't be your last. You'll feel so proud and also humble when you see the old boys looking on, they always look so pleased to see a naval guard, and the PU afterwards will definitely sell future guards to you.
Did my first one 21 years ago, and been hooked ever since. Can't do it anymore since promotion, and I am gutted. Sad i know, but thats me! :roll: :lol: :wink:

rosinacarley said:
Yup. How difficult can it be for goodness sake! GIs instruct it!

All the best, I am doing wreath laying this year, no guns for me!

Well done, but the reason drill is so difficult is that GIs do the instruction.

Peter

dunkers

War Hero
mazza_magoo said:
well dunkers, if it's your first one, it won't be your last. You'll feel so proud and also humble when you see the old boys looking on, they always look so pleased to see a naval guard, and the PU afterwards will definitely sell future guards to you.

PU?