GSSR Branch Badge

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
diver_dan said:
yes mate but do you use the Royal Navy or RNR :lol:

CS95 with the navy blue RNR slides, or any other dark blue rate slides, look ridiculous - those in the exalted positions of killick and above have usually obtained CS95 slides, while those at AB level wear a mix of blue, green or nothing! The joys of uniformity :)
 

dubaipusser

Lantern Swinger
FlagWagger said:
diver_dan said:
yes mate but do you use the Royal Navy or RNR :lol:

CS95 with the navy blue RNR slides, or any other dark blue rate slides, look ridiculous - those in the exalted positions of killick and above have usually obtained CS95 slides, while those at AB level wear a mix of blue, green or nothing! The joys of uniformity :)

Since when has the Navy worried about sailors looking ridiculous? And what about 'right kit for the job'? I saw the SPO team on HMS KENT the other week all in CS95s in temperatures of 40C!
 

WarMonger

War Hero
dubaipusser said:
Since when has the Navy worried about sailors looking ridiculous? And what about 'right kit for the job'? I saw the SPO team on HMS KENT the other week all in CS95s in temperatures of 40C!

I wore CS 95 "Greens" throughout Telic...Deserts/Lightweights for pussies.....we're RNR we are and we're hard...!!! :lol: :twisted:
 

dubaipusser

Lantern Swinger
WarMonger said:
dubaipusser said:
Since when has the Navy worried about sailors looking ridiculous? And what about 'right kit for the job'? I saw the SPO team on HMS KENT the other week all in CS95s in temperatures of 40C!

I wore CS 95 "Greens" throughout Telic...Deserts/Lightweights for pussies.....we're RNR we are and we're hard...!!! :lol: :twisted:

And clearly more than a bit 'damp'.

I have to say, though, that lightweights are probably the most comfortable kit I have ever had to wear - brilliant, even if they do look a bit 'lived in' compared to some of the natty stuff the Yanks have got
 
Top