GSSR Branch Badge

beer_bosun

Lantern Swinger
noemis said:
Got to love the RAF! They have very generous stores!! Packet of biscuits and your kit book and Bob is indeed your Uncle! You're right about Chief SA, adamant until I had a word with 2 1/2 at Bisley that we weren't getting any CS95, since word the wheels are moving, see him again, but hope for your sake shippers that he hasn't read thread. Beer bosun mate, can't get any info on joining CCRF, any clues?

Depends what unit you're from. The CCRF activities are coordinated by the jimmy the one and the RNSO at our unit. Can't speak for all units though.

noemis

Lantern Swinger
Civil Contingency Reaction Force I believe, go around mopping up dirty bombs etc.

Sorry loggies, but stores are for issuing, not storing, thats just the name of the place where you keep them until you issue them. Army surplus shops make a fortune because you guys never issue stuff and it then gets sold of cheap by the MOD!! If we don't use it we'll loose it, so lets have some.... Until the Crabs got friendly, I bought all mine!

mazza_magoo

Lantern Swinger
noemis said:
Civil Contingency Reaction Force I believe, go around mopping up dirty bombs etc.

Sorry loggies, but stores are for issuing, not storing, thats just the name of the place where you keep them until you issue them. Army surplus shops make a fortune because you guys never issue stuff and it then gets sold of cheap by the MOD!! If we don't use it we'll loose it, so lets have some.... Until the Crabs got friendly, I bought all mine!

Well, there is a train of thought that if they gave things out they'd be called 'issues' and not stores. I think they are taking their title of 'stores' a little to literally meself!

beer_bosun

Lantern Swinger
mazza_magoo said:
So CCRF eh? how do i find out if there is one of these in my locality? wouldn't mind looking into that. Anyone know?

Speak to your Unit UPO or XO. They should have details. Its primarily a Pongo thing I think but could be wrong.

Where you from?

trehorn

War Hero
We've asked for the GSSR branch badges at our place loads of times and kept getting told that it didnt exist.

I should have smelled a rat when we asked the Chief SA for combats and was told that GSSR didnt get them. Even when we showed the tosser a letter from COMARES saying that all GSSR ratings qualified as AB1 should be issued a full set of CS95's he denied it.

******* - anyone would think that they were paying for it themselves.

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
trehorn said:
We've asked for the GSSR branch badges at our place loads of times and kept getting told that it didnt exist.

I should have smelled a rat when we asked the Chief SA for combats and was told that GSSR didnt get them. Even when we showed the tosser a letter from COMARES saying that all GSSR ratings qualified as AB1 should be issued a full set of CS95's he denied it.

They're called "Stores" for a reason - if he was meant to give them out they'd be called "Issues"!

dubaipusser

Lantern Swinger
FlagWagger said:
trehorn said:

They're called "Stores" for a reason - if he was meant to give them out they'd be called "Issues"!

Does that mean that aircraft aren't supposed to leave aircraft carriers - just be 'carried around' by them?

diver_dan

Midshipman
Just a bit more on the cs95 it looks like mostof the unites class the 95's as GSSR rig as they are in them every drill night and when did we start to put Royal Navy on the 95's and not RNR

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
diver_dan said:
Just a bit more on the cs95 it looks like mostof the unites class the 95's as GSSR rig as they are in them every drill night ....

Funny, my unit decreed that normal working rig will be 3s unless there's a specific GSSR role, e.g. SA80 training, that requires CS95.