Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

GSSR Branch Badge

FlagWagger said:
diver_dan said:
yes mate but do you use the Royal Navy or RNR :lol:

CS95 with the navy blue RNR slides, or any other dark blue rate slides, look ridiculous - those in the exalted positions of killick and above have usually obtained CS95 slides, while those at AB level wear a mix of blue, green or nothing! The joys of uniformity :)

Since when has the Navy worried about sailors looking ridiculous? And what about 'right kit for the job'? I saw the SPO team on HMS KENT the other week all in CS95s in temperatures of 40C!

dubaipusser said:
Since when has the Navy worried about sailors looking ridiculous? And what about 'right kit for the job'? I saw the SPO team on HMS KENT the other week all in CS95s in temperatures of 40C!

I wore CS 95 "Greens" throughout Telic...Deserts/Lightweights for pussies.....we're RNR we are and we're hard...!!! :lol: :twisted:

WarMonger said:
dubaipusser said:

I wore CS 95 "Greens" throughout Telic...Deserts/Lightweights for pussies.....we're RNR we are and we're hard...!!! :lol: :twisted:

And clearly more than a bit 'damp'.

I have to say, though, that lightweights are probably the most comfortable kit I have ever had to wear - brilliant, even if they do look a bit 'lived in' compared to some of the natty stuff the Yanks have got

Latest Threads