Grumpy old people 'can't help it'

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Welshbird, Jul 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old women are often just as bad - the warning sign you may be reaching the dangerous age is when you actually start enjoying 'Last of the Summer Wine' (ed. should that be Last of the Summer Whine?)

2. Might explain why 1 or 2 members on here pipe up at anything and everything :threaten:

3. Jenny, sorry about that.

G R; bugger! I was creased laughing at Still Game last night. A cleverer and funnier Jockanese take on the LoTSW format.

As I fall into the grumpy sod category, I can't understand why my sense of humour hasn't actually changed. I do probably use grumpiness as a form of satirical and sometimes ironic humour.

4. Blimey POL still using irony?
    You won't get much change from that one these days.

5. could it just be that since we're from different generations we find different things funny..also words are there meanings change with each generation
    the most easy one to use as a example is """ gay"".. deffinantly means different things to me as it would to my gramdma.... so roll on me being old so i can use it as a excuse for being mean an moody and having a better ""tash"" then my son...!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. My missus reckons I'm a miserable, grumpy Yorkshire Twat....
    :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
    I can live with that.

7. Nah, don't be sorry, it's kind of a turn on :thumright:

8. I am a grumpy and cynical old git, and proud to be so. I have a sense of humour which varies from being un-PC, ironic, sarcastic and dry to occasionally downright sick. I once thought I was mellowing with age but I now think I'm probably getting worse. If there's a tone that needs lowering, I'm your man.

9. Sarcasim is a wonderful gift and should be used at every opportunity,and used wisely is most effective.

10. Thank you Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi! May the Farce be with you xx :biggrin:

11. I had to turn off "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" (R4) at lunchtime, since Humphrey Lyttleton's dry presentation has me in stitches, and having slipped and fallen down a couple of concrete steps at my daughter's 50th birthday party last week and cracked a couple of ribs, I really cannot afford to laugh (or cough, or sneeze), it's too painful. So, at the moment, I'm "enjoying" being a miserable old git.

Yours mournfully,

2BM

12. Wiseman says 'Woman who cooks meat and peas in same pot,Unhygenic'

13. "A business man after a hard day at work sits down on the train to go home. A young man sits down next to him and says: Call me a doctor, call me a doctor!' The business man asks: 'What's the matter, are you sick?' The young chap replies: 'I just graduated from medical school.' "

I understand the joke, but I just don't find it funny enough to laugh or even smile at. I'm not a grumpy old man, but if I kept hearing jokes like this then I soon should be.

14. So as well as the desires for weird foods you are gettind desires for weird men as well? :oops:

15. As you age you learn that the grass is not more potent on the other side of the fence and that promises or assurances made by people you (once) respected are worthless. Then the cynicism sets in.

Having said that, I've been deeply cynical since the age of 19!

And you're right: we can't help it... were men after all.

16. Maxi_77. Ta matey!

17. Well, after all this time, being grumpy buggers has a beneficial effect.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8339647.stm

Nobody can accuse me of not recycling!