Grooming Policy??

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Sonny Red, Apr 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everybody,

I was just wondering if somebody could tell me if and what the grooming policy's are in the royal navy?

Are they strict about it, i know uniforms should be immaculate but does it include your physical appearance too, basically is it short hair and clean shave?

For men that is :slow:

2. JonnoJonno and Blackrat are the resident grooming experts, I am sure they will be along shortly.

3. They are not here I am so I claim first dibs.
    You need to respond to all instructions no matter how bizarre they may seem.
    Nakedness in barracks is quite acceptable, flashing your "special bits" is ok but one mustn't tease.
    Bending down is an art form and should be indulged in gracefully.
    I will send you further instructions and then possibly arrange a meet in a nice dark park or maybe a cellar.
    Watch this space.
    What are your favorite sweeties?

4. I take it you have all the required equipment Rumrat? I have spare Black maskers if you need it and bin bags

5. Maybee a couple of fathoms of small stuff would help, but if were sharing I'm having no sloppy seconds. Well not the first time anyway.

6. I require time alone with the corpse afterwards if that's ok? Prefably before cutting up, otherwise just save me the arse end if you cut up before I get there.

7. Ignore those complete sickos, of course it is perfectly acceptable to have shoulder length hair and a straggly beard you silly boy! You are of course wanting to join the Senior Service and it does absolutely not matter what image you present to the general public nor have any self pride in your appearance.

Tsk.

PS do you know where your feet are to put your socks on or does someone have to do that for you as well?

8. Oi you, we saw him first get your own. Bloody women, they take every little pleasure in life away. Won't give you a leg over, and then cut in when you're trying to get your own...........................................................Cheek!!

9. Of course I won't give you a leg over. Are you deranged?!!!

10. I hadn't realised that was your criteria, Rosie. I have a mad-eyed look and hair like Emmet Brown, if that's any help.

11. You're clearly getting better very quickly and back on the road to rude good health ... :-D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  12. Ick no. Short hair always, clean fingernails, polished shoes, or dieselly ovvies and a wheel spanner.

13. So I'm still in with a shout?

14. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

This is surely a bite?

Anyway, seems he won't be able to move for kind souls helping him out with his haircut. You lot really are so caring and helpful :-D

Joe, any girl worth her salt likes a man in a pair of dirty overalls who smells of diesel. Must be a neanderthal basic instinct thing. :toothy3:

15. I seriously doubt that!!

16. I keep telling my wife that but she won't have it.

And consequently......... I don't get it

17. T-H

T-H

Can't do diesel-covered ovvies but would steam oil and a washout valve spanner do?

18. I love it when you play hard to get. I was planning on getting my hair cut anyway, so will tick all your boxes.

19. Did the neanderthals have ovies?