Gronk Boards,

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by NorwayChris, Jul 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am just curios if jolly jack has gronk boards in todays modern navy,we took them quite seriously when we were on deployment in my days ( 70`s / 80`s ), everyone tried to trap the ugliest thing to try and win the "Gronk Trophy",

2. 1972 Nesoon Transit camp NAAFI I won with that thing from Virgins corner,
    is this where this post is going.
    Mind you, if I had of taken you instead I would have won quicker :D and the only problem I would have encountered was that you had to slip a crippler to your "Young lady/ladyboy".
    Sorry mate Tiger aint that strong 8O :D
    When said crippler was administered, it had to be witnessed before the dollars could be handed to the winner. As i was doing the necessary deed, Rick was one of the witnesses and he threw up over us as my gronk was that ghastly.
    God the things one has to do to maintain tradition, and still no knighthood in sight. :cry: :cry: :cry: :D
    Oggy cheers for the bell :wink:

3. Ahhh the modern caring sharing Navy forbids such sexual discrimination (well it thinks it does, they're just hidden better these days!)

4. there's no gronk board, and there's no mess beer fund.

nope, definitely neither of those things.

5. My pleasure tug person it was a pleasure to talk to you,and i wil be ringing again soon,i seem to remember you allways came well off when the gronk trophy was handed out,jepp shipmate youve banged some ugly things in your time :wink:

6. Well i am not schocked by this captainobvious,seems to be what people call "transition into the modern world" ,but i say bullocks to the modern world and give jack (and jenny) back some of the old traditions,and yes redassnotdragass maybe they have the boards hidden or on a laptop eh 8)

7. :oops: We had the Ropey Trophy, Plaque of honour. Presented at the end of camp dances, at Lossie 60/70s . To the Ugliest Gronk :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. It gets embarassing when you find out that they are on a "Gronk Trapping Competition" as well and she won 8O :oops:

9. Not forgetting the 'Golden Steaming Bat'

10. We used to have some awesome Gronk boards lol We did have some snaggy ratings on board

11. Along with the gronk board we used to steal the TV remotes of our conquests just to be a pain in the arse.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Posted before but worth another airing. From something called Tim Worstall Tabloid Edition:

13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

This happened to Scouse a lot 8O

14. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't you mean that 'gronks' were the only things you could trap so came up with the 'gronk' competition idea?

15. OMG :wink: :wink: Same thing happened to P.O.

16. And leave a zap sticker behind the head board or somewhere else

17. [quote="NorwayChris"

My pleasure tug person it was a pleasure to talk to you,and i wil be ringing again soon,i seem to remember you allways came well off when the gronk trophy was handed out,jepp shipmate youve banged some ugly things in your time :wink:[/quote]

Yeah,..........but they were all virgins :oops: 8O :oops: :D

18. Could be some truth in that granny, :lol: ,i can still remember some of these poor girls ,oh my god they really fell for it when we told them they were the best thing thats happened to us since sliced bread,i couldnt participate in a gronk run ashore now as i am older,wiser,and would get a stab of remorse when it sunk in that i had probably damaged the poor cow mentaly in some way or other, i blame my sordid past on a certain Rumrat and his oppos, as you now know i was a lowley js on the Dev when Rumrat was an ab, so Rumrat its YOUR fault i was a deviant :twisted: :lol:

19. Yeah,..........but they were all virgins :oops: 8O :oops: :D[/quote]

Tuggers,all i have to say to and i quote "Yeah,..........but they were all virgins" is oh my god were you so furkin drunk, :lol: :D

20. I am getting the feeling that there are a few more deviant twats out there then just me ,well done lads, 8)