Gronk Board

snapdragon said:
Cannulation- sticking a little plastic 'tap' in your vein, from which you give drugs/fluids,
ACF- Ante Cubital Fossa- big arm vein,
Cephalic - " "
Dorsal - Back of hands.

Congratulations, you are now a fully qualified phlebotomist (professional vampire) ;)
...As against a hæmophiliac (lay vampire)? :lol:

Andy, did have a pre-op and all but there's little communication between that and anaesthesia. ODP wasn't new (he used to work in my old department). The anaesthetist went mad at him though! I was writhing around and screaming (my pain threshold's pretty high, but this was awful- my arm went all weak), but i was saying it was ok that he didn't do it, i know what it's like to get it wrong, and the anaesthetist was saying, "no it's not ok!". ODP was saying something about he'd gone into a valve. I dunno, no good on this technical jargon. Good vein= stick a needle in.
Central lines are frightening! They look proper Frankenstein's monster!

A

angrydoc

If I was going for an elective operation and someone plonked a central line in, I'd probably poo my pants long before the muscle relaxants could be given...

nutty_bag

War Hero
snapdragon said:
Andy, did have a pre-op and all but there's little communication between that and anaesthesia. ODP wasn't new (he used to work in my old department). The anaesthetist went mad at him though! I was writhing around and screaming (my pain threshold's pretty high, but this was awful- my arm went all weak), but i was saying it was ok that he didn't do it, i know what it's like to get it wrong, and the anaesthetist was saying, "no it's not ok!". ODP was saying something about he'd gone into a valve. I dunno, no good on this technical jargon. Good vein= stick a needle in.
Central lines are frightening! They look proper Frankenstein's monster!
Yeah hitting a valve is when your trying to advance the cannula and it hits a valve within the vein. This means that on many occasions the cannula is ineffective unless you run some flush through which sometimes does the job. Sounds like you were being experimented with. I look at some of our "health care professionals" and i bloody cringe sometimes!!

nutty_bag

War Hero
higthepig said:
So to get back to the thread, wou`ld ya or would`nt ya?
Well due to my failing eyesight caused by too much monkey spanking i would have to say that it depends on the length of the barge-pole and whether i have four bags. One to go over her head. One to go over mine. And two of the rubber variety to go over my knob!! Crude but effective!!

nutty_bag said:
higthepig said:
Well due to my failing eyesight caused by too much monkey spanking i would have to say that it depends on the length of the barge-pole and whether i have four bags. One to go over her head. One to go over mine. And two of the rubber variety to go over my knob!! Crude but effective!!
you silly boys - this is obviously a morphed photie - I bet she's really pretty in the original - I despair ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

nutty_bag

War Hero
golden_rivet said:
nutty_bag said:
higthepig said:
you silly boys - this is obviously a morphed photie - I bet she's really pretty in the original - I despair ... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Of course it's a morphed photo done with someones mobile phone. Tuts loudly :roll:

I think the problem was getting KY jelly on the lens... :roll:

Oh, and I'm sorry to say this, but I think Golden_Rivet should get twatted for spoiling the fun. Poor Brigham, how will we ever console him...

nutty_bag said:
golden_rivet said:
nutty_bag said:
higthepig said:
Of course it's a morphed photo done with someones mobile phone. Tuts loudly :roll:

I want to know where you got the photo of my :oops: Mrs

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Diamond Lil's 39
bigbaddog The Gash Barge 3
Shakey The Quarterdeck 42