Gronk Board

snapdragon said:
Cannulation- sticking a little plastic 'tap' in your vein, from which you give drugs/fluids,
ACF- Ante Cubital Fossa- big arm vein,
Cephalic - " "
Dorsal - Back of hands.

Congratulations, you are now a fully qualified phlebotomist (professional vampire) ;)
...As against a hæmophiliac (lay vampire)? :lol:

Andy, did have a pre-op and all but there's little communication between that and anaesthesia. ODP wasn't new (he used to work in my old department). The anaesthetist went mad at him though! I was writhing around and screaming (my pain threshold's pretty high, but this was awful- my arm went all weak), but i was saying it was ok that he didn't do it, i know what it's like to get it wrong, and the anaesthetist was saying, "no it's not ok!". ODP was saying something about he'd gone into a valve. I dunno, no good on this technical jargon. Good vein= stick a needle in.
Central lines are frightening! They look proper Frankenstein's monster!

A

angrydoc

If I was going for an elective operation and someone plonked a central line in, I'd probably poo my pants long before the muscle relaxants could be given...

nutty_bag

War Hero
snapdragon said:
Andy, did have a pre-op and all but there's little communication between that and anaesthesia. ODP wasn't new (he used to work in my old department). The anaesthetist went mad at him though! I was writhing around and screaming (my pain threshold's pretty high, but this was awful- my arm went all weak), but i was saying it was ok that he didn't do it, i know what it's like to get it wrong, and the anaesthetist was saying, "no it's not ok!". ODP was saying something about he'd gone into a valve. I dunno, no good on this technical jargon. Good vein= stick a needle in.
Central lines are frightening! They look proper Frankenstein's monster!
Yeah hitting a valve is when your trying to advance the cannula and it hits a valve within the vein. This means that on many occasions the cannula is ineffective unless you run some flush through which sometimes does the job. Sounds like you were being experimented with. I look at some of our "health care professionals" and i bloody cringe sometimes!!

nutty_bag

War Hero
higthepig said:
So to get back to the thread, wou`ld ya or would`nt ya?
Well due to my failing eyesight caused by too much monkey spanking i would have to say that it depends on the length of the barge-pole and whether i have four bags. One to go over her head. One to go over mine. And two of the rubber variety to go over my knob!! Crude but effective!!

nutty_bag said:
higthepig said:
Well due to my failing eyesight caused by too much monkey spanking i would have to say that it depends on the length of the barge-pole and whether i have four bags. One to go over her head. One to go over mine. And two of the rubber variety to go over my knob!! Crude but effective!!
you silly boys - this is obviously a morphed photie - I bet she's really pretty in the original - I despair ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

nutty_bag

War Hero
golden_rivet said:
nutty_bag said:
higthepig said:
you silly boys - this is obviously a morphed photie - I bet she's really pretty in the original - I despair ... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Of course it's a morphed photo done with someones mobile phone. Tuts loudly :roll:

I think the problem was getting KY jelly on the lens... :roll:

Oh, and I'm sorry to say this, but I think Golden_Rivet should get twatted for spoiling the fun. Poor Brigham, how will we ever console him...

nutty_bag said:
golden_rivet said:
nutty_bag said:
higthepig said:
Of course it's a morphed photo done with someones mobile phone. Tuts loudly :roll:

I want to know where you got the photo of my :oops: Mrs

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bigbaddog The Dog Gronk Board. The Gash Barge 3
Shakey One for the Gronk Board The Quarterdeck 42
C gronk board (kinda) Diamond Lil's 9
N Gronk Boards, Diamond Lil's 39
Bernoulli Great Gronk Boards remembered. Diamond Lil's 19
A GRONK TRAPPING The Corps 27
MoD_RSS John Lockhart to join the Forest Services Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two reappointments and four extensions to the Board of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 100 days as Chair of the Youth Justice Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Juliet Davenport OBE appointed to The Crown Estate Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First Meeting of New Decade New Approach Joint Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parole Board publishes Annual Report & Accounts 2019/2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two new appointments and one extension to the Legal Services Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two reappointments to the Natural England board MoD News 0
Sumo Skate Board Lands End to John o' Groats Charity 0
MoD_RSS New board members to strengthen oversight of HS2 as it enters next phase of delivery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS On the road to a sustainable future: Net Zero Transport Board paves the way for a green recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Executive's blog - Parole Board Covid-19 recovery plan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New member announced for Ofqual Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Robin Budenberg, CBE re-appointed as Chair of The Crown Estate Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has approved the appointment of Venki Ramakrishnan as a Board Member of the British Library. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Department for Work and Pensions appoints two new Non-Executive Board Members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recruitment starts for new EHRC Chair and board members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parole Board Chief Executive's blog - June 2020 recruitment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS E3 Statement on verification and monitoring in Iran (JCPoA) at the IAEA Board of Governors, June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Baroness Laura Wyld appointed as Non-Executive Board Member to DCMS. MoD News 0
1 AA WESM/MESM Admiralty Board?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS UK statement on Technical Cooperation to the IAEA Board of Governors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RegWatchEurope (RWE) Board meeting (3rd June) MoD News 0
B SELECTION BOARD FOR NURSING Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Parole Board launches member recruitment campaign MoD News 0
MoD_RSS London’s COVID-19 Transition Board meets for the first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Office of Tax Simplification: new board member announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four new appointments to the Natural England board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Chris Pilling and Ismail Amla as Board Members of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Nick de Bois as Chair of the Visit England Advisory Board. MoD News 0
soleil Scuba Diver Mag: "Heart of Oak – On Board The Royal Navy’s HMS Richmond" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Four new Cabinet Office Non-Executive Board Members appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The role of the Board of Auditors in progressing UN accountability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parole Board Chief Executive's blog - May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Non-Executive appointment to MOJ Departmental Board and Chair of Audit and Risk Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Keith Fraser as Chair of the Youth Justice Board for England and Wales. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parole Board statement on prisoner early release scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State appoints Paul Darling OBE QC as Chair and Anne Lambert CMG as an Independent Board Member of the Horserace Betting Levy Board. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update to appointment on Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hemant Patel appointed as Non-Executive Board Member to DCMS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Helen Jones, Eileen Munro and Rohan Sivanandan appointed as members of the Cafcass Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parole Board Chief Executive's blog - March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Youth Justice Board update on COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS OTS seeks a new board member MoD News 0