Gronk Board

nutty_bag

War Hero
Father_Famine said:
dondon said:
janner said:
snapdragon said:
Lets not be unkind chaps, I happen to know that this is Snappers partner 8)

You have my sympathys Snapper , it must be a burden ,
Not so much a Camels Toe as a Camels Arse :oops:
Was she the stunt double for jabba the hutt???

janner said:
snapdragon said:
Lets not be unkind chaps, I happen to know that this is Snappers partner 8)
Not that it's anything for me to worry about, but guys, imagine trying to have sex with her? Which fold would you stick it in?

In her favour though, don't you guys like a shaven haven? Or has her lady fur just disappeared inside her...?

rosinacarley said:
not that I necessarily approve of you men taking the mickey out of unfortunate women, because i am certain that none of YOU are George Clooney (ps if you are my email is [email protected])

However as the PO Stoker says, women who display their tits are only doing it to be looked at so ...

They're not unfortunate, people who can't afford to eat are unfortunate!

Having said that, some women pay good money to have their norks under their chin.

Well, Snap, I feel a little ill, at the thought of even trying to find a fold, that I could use, just imagine the aroma !!!!!!!!!!!, YUM YUM !

rugger_bob said:
Well, Snap, I feel a little ill, at the thought of even trying to find a fold, that I could use, just imagine the aroma !!!!!!!!!!!, YUM YUM !
Ugh, please! :oops: I can't stand the smell of some people when they merely roll their sleeve up. You wouldn't believe how filthy some people are.

nutty_bag

War Hero
snapdragon said:
rugger_bob said:
Ugh, please! :oops: I can't stand the smell of some people when they merely roll their sleeve up. You wouldn't believe how filthy some people are.
I would!! I work out on the road on those yellow ambulance thingies and i thought i'd seen everything til i join the job. I would say that during the course of my day, 90% of the houses i go into are absolutely disgusting. I remember going to a house where a known epileptic was having a fit in his bedroom. He was post-ictal when we arrived and like many epileptics he didn't want to go to A&E. As i was doing the necessary paperwork (to avoid litigation) i glanced down at an object by my females feet. It was a used (full) johnny that had been tossed (excuse the pun) on the floor!! Other delights included half eated chicken bones left on window ledges and one old boy who was covered from head-foot in his own shit. The floorboards were alive with his own piss and the house was indescribable. As i made my way upstairs i had to open the window to stop me puking at the smell of ammonia. I therefore always carry a pot of vicks so that i can rub some under my nostrils to help cope with the smell!! character building N.B

nutty_bag said:
snapdragon said:
rugger_bob said:
I would!! I work out on the road on those yellow ambulance thingies and i thought i'd seen everything til i join the job. I would say that during the course of my day, 90% of the houses i go into are absolutely disgusting. I remember going to a house where a known epileptic was having a fit in his bedroom. He was post-ictal when we arrived and like many epileptics he didn't want to go to A&E. As i was doing the necessary paperwork (to avoid litigation) i glanced down at an object by my females feet. It was a used (full) johnny that had been tossed (excuse the pun) on the floor!! Other delights included half eated chicken bones left on window ledges and one old boy who was covered from head-foot in his own shit. The floorboards were alive with his own piss and the house was indescribable. As i made my way upstairs i had to open the window to stop me puking at the smell of ammonia. I therefore always carry a pot of vicks so that i can rub some under my nostrils to help cope with the smell!! character building N.B
Ugh!! I can't believe that anyone could be that dirty. I mean, i suppose very, very ill people might have a bit of an excuse, but if you're well enough to have sex (or have a posh w*nk...), then you're well enough to put a condom in the bin.
I hate having to touch dirty people's arms, wiping the alcohol wipe on them is sometimes the best wash they've ever had. It comes off all brown. Urrrrgh.

nutty_bag

War Hero
snapdragon said:
nutty_bag said:
snapdragon said:
rugger_bob said:
Ugh!! I can't believe that anyone could be that dirty. I mean, i suppose very, very ill people might have a bit of an excuse, but if you're well enough to have sex (or have a posh w*nk...), then you're well enough to put a condom in the bin.
I hate having to touch dirty people's arms, wiping the alcohol wipe on them is sometimes the best wash they've ever had. It comes off all brown. Urrrrgh.
Sorry what are very ill patients then?? Dont have many of them just knobbers and hyperchondriacs who need to get off their arses and get a job!! Drives me potty!! I could elaborate but cannot be bothered with the worst of human nature!! :evil: Sounds like we maybe in the same "health care" profession so you know what i mean!! Nice Avatar by the way!! :wink:

I was presuming you might have terminally ill people or something! I'm sick of the smart-arses i see. If one more person tells me how to do my job, i'm gonna smack their head off the table. It does astonish me how confident people must be to offend someone who's about to stick a big f*ck off needle in them.

nutty_bag

War Hero
snapdragon said:
I was presuming you might have terminally ill people or something! I'm sick of the smart-arses i see. If one more person tells me how to do my job, i'm gonna smack their head off the table. It does astonish me how confident people must be to offend someone who's about to stick a big f*ck off needle in them.
Cool head snappers me old martial arts meister!!
Yes of course i get lots of ill people, Bit of trauma on the M5 that sort of thing!! i was being sarcastic because the knobbers outweigh the poorly ones!! I think the threat of some P.R diazamuls will deter then!! Or a large bore cannula in the ACF!! :lol:

They just don't realise how big bore sizes go, do they? ;)

Speaking of cannulation, the ODP f*cked mine up spectacularly before i was anaesthetised. I was begging to have it in the ACF, but i don't know a lot about cannulation.

nutty_bag

War Hero
snapdragon said:

Speaking of cannulation, the ODP f*cked mine up spectacularly before i was anaesthetised. I was begging to have it in the ACF, but i don't know a lot about cannulation.
Well the cephalic vein is known as the anaesthetist vein so i would have thought he would've cannulated you there? looking at your piccie however you strike me as being quite slight in stature (No offence whatsoever) so he may have found it easier to cannulate in the ACF due to your veins. That and the nature of your injuries as fluids are generally given bi-laterally in the ACF during trauma jobs depending on the site of injury obviously. Hope that didn't patronise you as i wouldn't like my head bounced off a table for telling you your job :wink:

nutty_bag said:
snapdragon said:

Well the cephalic vein is known as the anaesthetist vein so i would have thought he would've cannulated you there? looking at your piccie however you strike me as being quite slight in stature (No offence whatsoever) so he may have found it easier to cannulate in the ACF due to your veins. That and the nature of your injuries as fluids are generally given bi-laterally in the ACF during trauma jobs depending on the site of injury obviously. Hope that didn't patronise you as i wouldn't like my head bounced off a table for telling you your job :wink:
The 14 or so cannulation attempts were all in my hand, although i'm not good on dorsal names, i think it wasn't the cephalic. I am pretty small, ACF has been missed by people before, but is plenty large enough for a cannula (or a blood taker with any experience!). It was a scheduled abdo' op', so i'm presuming the choice was there :roll: when you're begging for the morphine and it's ineffective because of inferior cannulation, it's a little annoying when you know how good your veins are!

Cannulation- sticking a little plastic 'tap' in your vein, from which you give drugs/fluids,
ACF- Ante Cubital Fossa- big arm vein,
Cephalic - " "
Dorsal - Back of hands.

Congratulations, you are now a fully qualified phlebotomist (professional vampire) ;)

nutty_bag

War Hero
snapdragon said:
nutty_bag said:
snapdragon said:

The 14 or so cannulation attempts were all in my hand, although i'm not good on dorsal names, i think it wasn't the cephalic. I am pretty small, ACF has been missed by people before, but is plenty large enough for a cannula (or a blood taker with any experience!). It was a scheduled abdo' op', so i'm presuming the choice was there :roll: when you're begging for the morphine and it's ineffective because of inferior cannulation, it's a little annoying when you know how good your veins are!
Fourteen attempts!! 8O Veins on back of hand are the dorsal-metacarpals if memory serves me. With your type of op anywhere would have been sufficient as long as there is access for pain relief. Probably a junior doctor/theatre nurse doing the cannulation. cant see the problem, done it on helicopters in flight and moving vehicles!! Think we may have digressed from the original thread there slightly, i find medical stuff really interesting so call me an anorak if you wish :lol:

nutty_bag

War Hero
snapdragon said:
Cannulation- sticking a little plastic 'tap' in your vein, from which you give drugs/fluids,
ACF- Ante Cubital Fossa- big arm vein,
Cephalic - " "
Dorsal - Back of hands.

Congratulations, you are now a fully qualified phlebotomist (professional vampire) ;)
Cephalic- Vein that basically runs along your radius to your thumb!!
Basillic- Vein that runs along your ulna to your first digit (little finger)

andym

War Hero
snapdragon said:
The 14 or so cannulation attempts were all in my hand
That is disgusting!!!Werent you seen preop and assesed?Any hoo i ITU we were luck to have the old multiple lumen Central Jugular lines for access.Drive a truck down them you can! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Diamond Lil's 39
bigbaddog The Gash Barge 3
Shakey The Quarterdeck 42