Grit worth more than gold?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, Jan 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently grit is getting rarer than gold at the moment due to the bad weather.
    How long before we see those adverts on tv asking you to post your grit off for a cash sum in return?

Worth thinking about,theres money to be made.
  2. [​IMG]

Septics eat grits, hence the shortage.
  3. All it needs is for the RR olders/bolders to stand in the roads brushing the sea salt from our shoulders :wink:
  4. I got rid of all mine trying to make my drive navigable. :wink:
  5. Would you like to buy my unwanted grit? :wink:
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

We had a grit truck come and do our road the other day, the bloody tar seal had melted in the sun and was a bit of a mess. Still, they had it sorted pretty quickly. :relax: :pottytrain2:
  7. I bet you have a rather large black cat. :lol:
  8. One of the retards who lives in the same road as my place of employment thought cat litter would make a good substitute for grit.

They were wrong.

Oh the fun and games as it clumped together, blocking our drains and leaving nice cementy footprints all over the factory.
  9. I don't know why they didn't have a bigger stockpile. After all, senior figures in the Royal Navy have been calling for more grit for over a year now!
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It would seem the Booties have nicked it all…
  11. G.R.I.T

useful to use when cash for gold adds are really pissing you off!!!
  12. 'ere mate, wanna buy some grit'?
    If you do it'll have the same writing on it the fags you buy at the same pub have 'Fumar puede matar'.
    Genuine stuff though geeza!