Grimsby Telegraph: "Barnetby man is RN's youngest Captain"

Re: Grimsby Telegraph: "Barnetby man is RN's youngest Captai

Me thinks this is a local paper finding a feel good story, if he was 24 it would be significant, 9 years from joining to getting a P2000, not quick by any means, in fact a little slower than many in the past.

All the same, well done to him and all that good stuff, not sure how his students will warm to the idea of a trip up to watch Grimsby Town though, he'd better throw in the pie and bovril for free :wink:

pugfrom83

Lantern Swinger
Re: Grimsby Telegraph: "Barnetby man is RN's youngest Captai

lonestar said:
Me thinks this is a local paper finding a feel good story, if he was 24 it would be significant, 9 years from joining to getting a P2000, not quick by any means, in fact a little slower than many in the past.

All the same, well done to him and all that good stuff, not sure how his students will warm to the idea of a trip up to watch Grimsby Town though, he'd better throw in the pie and bovril for free :wink:

Stuff the pie and Bovril. Get em Fish (Haddock not Cod) and Chips and they will be hooked for life. As a regular at Blundell Park may i also suggest a few stiff beverages before the game, as watching Town sober can indeed be a horrendous experience.