Greenwich, a home for Naval Pensioners?

The Army have long enjoyed RHS Chelsea, the Pensioers in their smart red coats still having a strong affinity to their service.
So doesn’t the Senior Service deserve equal merit, long overdue and would no doubt be welcomed?

Perhaps a grateful nation would allow the old Naval college at Greenwich to be used as the site?
Often wondered......

Thoughts?

^aye, and back in the day when the RN vets started to receive a cash pension in lieu of G they soon thinned out of that option and thus became independent.

Besides that, trying to count the endless array of bared breasts daubed all over the ceiling at every mealtime was guaranteed to give the poor old salts a stiff .........

...neck.

Lest you dirty-minded lurkers thought otherwise!

I think that it is a magnificent idea.
It would need dress regulations of course.
Perhaps all residents should be required to sport a pigtail tarred in the traditional fashion.
Holystoning the decks would be carried out daily.
Mast manning and divisions every Friday.
More ideas welcomed of course!

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
The Army have long enjoyed RHS Chelsea, the Pensioers in their smart red coats still having a strong affinity to their service.
So doesn’t the Senior Service deserve equal merit, long overdue and would no doubt be welcomed?

Perhaps a grateful nation would allow the old Naval college at Greenwich to be used as the site?
Often wondered......

Thoughts?
Old news... this was thought about over three hundred years ago, and a Hospital was established at Greenwich. A short while later, a school was added called the Greenwich Hospital School.. this became the Royal Hospital School in 1933 when it moved from Greenwich to Holbrook. The school and a number of homes for Greenwich pensioners are still operated today by the Greenwich Hospital Trust which is a Royal charity.

Salty-Dog

Lantern Swinger
Old news... this was thought about over three hundred years ago, and a Hospital was established at Greenwich. A short while later, a school was added called the Greenwich Hospital School.. this became the Royal Hospital School in 1933 when it moved from Greenwich to Holbrook. The school and a number of homes for Greenwich pensioners are still operated today by the Greenwich Hospital Trust which is a Royal charity.
https://www.grenhosp.org.uk/about/greenwich-hospital-history/

I think that it is a magnificent idea.
It would need dress regulations of course.
Perhaps all residents should be required to sport a pigtail tarred in the traditional fashion.
Holystoning the decks would be carried out daily.
Mast manning and divisions every Friday.
More ideas welcomed of course!
In hand:

VISITING DIGNITARY CONDUCTS INFORMAL ROUNDS

Visiting dignitary: "So how are you chaps getting on after the latest RR Website upgrade eh, BOOTWU?"

BOOTWU's response:: "Mostly OK, Sire, 'cept it chalks us PSOFs up as 'Banned' whenever we crosses the bar".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

YOUNG THRUSTER SEEKS ADVICE FROM THE ORACLE

@Ninja_Stoker to young thruster: "Never get yourself tattoed, Sunshine. I once had this fit bird tattooed on me port calf until one of the diversity brigade manked about it, the CO agreed and she made me remove it that very same day.

@Seadog interrupts with: "I can black-cat that buzzard - I was punished for a similar offence regarding the name of that Welsh town which was once tattooed all along my ******.

@MrsPlum (In a whisper): "Come away now, your wee sister needs a feed but I'm NO baring my breasties in front of this lot!

Re: ****** = MODERATORS EDIT [ ;)]

Wax the floor tiles, oldest gets to ride the Bumper polisher,Kai and sticky stale buns at 1030.cake and apple sarnies at 1600. Pot mess at 2359.

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
[QUOTE="BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, post: 1415798, member: 9162Besides that, trying to count the endless array of bared breasts daubed all over the ceiling at every mealtime was guaranteed to give the poor old salts a stiff .........
...neck.

Lest you dirty-minded lurkers thought otherwise![/QUOTE]

343 1/2 brace I believe.