Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest/worst (golf) drive ive seen

Ballistic

War Hero
Amateur. It was on the deck and not moving. No skill in that

Now when you've hit one in mid-air.... :twisted:

tommo

War Hero
I remember playing on the Mombai (Bombay to the old skool) Golf Course and one of the lads who plays very well unlike me, however he for the first time that day had a wayward drive off the tee. Unfortunately it hit an Indian caddy and by time he got up there to apologise he had loads of them gathered round him. It ended up costing him 200 dib dobs to keep the guy happy :lol:

Ballistic

War Hero
Guzzler said:
It is if you're a bird on a golf course.

Is this what you meant?

yorkieyorke

Lantern Swinger
Whilst on the topic of Golf, does anyone know what the handicap is the for the Navy team? I currently play off 4, but work as an assistant at my local pro shop sho looking to improve.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
"Oh my God - you've just killed a bird! Let's not worry about it's welfare; let me zoom in and film it for You Tube..." :roll:

Toucan

Lantern Swinger
yorkieyorke said:
Shot! lol. As a golfer I can say that its impossible to do that, believe me, i've tried :lol:

Your problem was probably that you aimed for the bird. If you had aimed away from the bird you'd have increased your chances significantly.

Ageing_Gracefully said:
Backpacker1uk said:
Golf along with football are a waste of valuable time when one can be in the pub

fixed that for you BP. No need to thank me :lol:

At least going to the pub to watch the football is an occaisionally accepted excuse for getting outta the house when the missus is in a funny mood. 'Darling, im just going down the pub to watch the golf' isnt as believable. :)

yorkieyorke

Lantern Swinger
NotmeChief said:
yorkieyorke said:
Shot! lol. As a golfer I can say that its impossible to do that, believe me, i've tried :lol:

How can it be impossible - you've just seen it done. doh

That was meant to say 'almost impossible' lol. Cheers for the link Sol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil BBC4 - Wednesday, September 16th 2020 - 9 pm - Britain's Greatest Pilot: The Extraordinary Story of Captain Winkle Brown The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS Baroness Morgan's speech: how we can be the greatest place in the world to grow up MoD News 0
T The Greatest Military / Pub Duvet Jacket known to man - Kosa 3 Mk II is here Travel & The Great Outdoors 1
soleil Guardian: "Commander: The Life And Exploits Of Britain's Greatest Frigate Commander" History 1
Ageing_Gracefully Bismarck: The story of German's greatest Battleship The Book Club 0
F The Greatest The Quarterdeck 0
Ageing_Gracefully COMPETITION - Greatest Commanders : Bill Slim Competitions 5
S Greatest Dump? The Gash Barge 1
soleil T'graph: "SDSR: Royal Navy Has Greatest Job Losses And Cuts" Current Affairs 0
B One of the greatest defeat in the history of the Royal Navy History 10
B One of the greatest defeat of the british navy against Spain The Gash Barge 5
soleil Mail on Sunday: "Ten Of The Greatest Battlefield Tactics" History 3
soleil Mail: "Ten of the Greatest British Naval Victories" History 0
soleil Guardian: "The UK's World Role: GB's Greatest Fixation" Current Affairs 33
Blackrat Should There Be a RR Greatest Hits Forum? Diamond Lil's 25
2_deck_dash The greatest trophy from a run ashore..... Diamond Lil's 16
Stirling RR greatest. Site Issues 21
Clown_Puncher Why isn't there a RR greatest hits" forum? Diamond Lil's 38
L greatest achievements in the faa? The Fleet Air Arm 20
P St Nazaire - The Greatest Raid of All History 23
shellbackmac The Greatest Number One song of all time.... The Gash Barge 1
NotmeChief Greatest ever Movies. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
MoD_RSS "The world's worst humanitarian crisis can't afford to deteriorate any longer"- Calling for de-escalation in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK supercomputer to combat Africa’s worst locust outbreak in decades MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 'Plymouth's worst fly-tipper' jailed after 3 years on the run MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Further UK assistance to fight Australian bushfires announced as Foreign Secretary visits worst-hit state MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Colyton event to commemorate one of the worst natural disasters to hit East Devon MoD News 0
Dusty70 Newspaper reporting at it's absolute worst......... The Fleet 6
MoD_RSS News story: The story behind the journey Churchill called the “worst in the world" MoD News 0
W Possibly the worst time to be outed as a Walt Diamond Lil's 0
soleil Metro: If Only Your Mum Was Ten Years Younger: 10 Of The Worst Valentine’s Day Dates The Internet - Best and Worst 2
S Best Smell worst Smell The Gash Barge 21
soleil Grough: "Navy Rescue Crew Braves 'Worst Conditions' In Flight To Save Walker" The Fleet Air Arm 1
stan_the_man The worst thing you ever put in your mouth Diamond Lil's 21
S Worst Pop song Ever? Diamond Lil's 68
trelawney126 Journalism at its Worst? Current Affairs 3
E Best/Worst Nightclubs and Bars Diamond Lil's 144
The_Caretaker The Worst Miscellaneous 0
Bond509 Worst jobs ever! Diamond Lil's 43
finknottle Nimbyism at its worst Current Affairs 21
B One of the worst things i have ever seen on the internet! Diamond Lil's 73
stan_the_man RRs your worst nightmare come true Diamond Lil's 14
M worst movie scenes ever. Hobbies & The Great Indoors 1
trelawney126 The Best Worst Job Somali Admiral Current Affairs 1
Montigny_La_Palisse RAF at the Edinburgh gay-off- Their own worst enemies Diamond Lil's 11
docherty worst chat up lines Diamond Lil's 34
S worst green rub? History 7
T Worst Jobs You Never Thought You Would Be Doing In The Navy Diamond Lil's 57
babystew best or worst jobs Diamond Lil's 4
D Whats the worst place you've stayed in???? Diamond Lil's 56