"Greater Recognition For Senior Female Officers"

Discussion in 'UPO/Careers Office' started by soleil, Sep 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wish Jenny had been as good looking as those two beauties when I was serving.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

2. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

"She's a glamour-pants, from Ops ... "

*shudder*

One of you lot has done one of these. C'mon. Own up ...

levers

3. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Nice to see 2SL focussing on essentials.

4. Recognising our people for the hard work and talent they have? Perhaps he should be writing the MEOOW1's watchbill?

• Like Like x 2
  5. How come the officer and senior rate sailorettes kept their headgear ,shirts and blouses while the junior rate jennies got lumbered with milk churn lids, white fronts and kecks ??

6. Now I know that they now let gays serve in the Rn, but I bet they don't allow them to wear skirts

7. Instead of white fronts, do they wear sailors dickies instead ?

8. Thanks for that Jimbo.........so white fronts are still part of kit.......even if No 1's only....just wanted to know that.

9. Agree with you totally... JRs in half blues with a white front look like sailors. If we'd have stayed in white fronts and not gone across to normal white shirts then they wouldn't have needed to procure those "Royal Navy" eppaulettes to distinguish JRs from bus drivers, security guards, traffic wardens etc.

As for comfort, the material they've been produced in from around the late 90s is no less comfortable than the white shirts.

• Like Like x 3
  10. What's young Kate wearing under her jumper, apart from lumps, of course?

article-1231434-07617897000005DC-554_468x701.jpg

11. White fronts uncomfortable? Yer 'avin' a bath, mate. We used to dread the onset of winter. The warm but terminally scratchy sea jersey was uncomfortable. What the **** is wrong with matelots today. Do they issue you with Comfort or Lenor these days?

12. A white front was 4 tops in one, yak or spill yer wet down the front and you took it off and put it back on with the stain to the rear, you could then turn it inside out and reverse again for two more wears

13. White fronts were comfy enough, just a twat to get on or off plus you got the nice square sunburned neck when in warmer climes.

I posted a nice picky of me wearing one on the "When we were younger thread" :)

Whoever was in charge of procuring seamen's jerseys was a sadistic bastard, bet he was an officer who never had to wear one.

14. You're not wrong! You could use a seaman's jersey as a handy substitute for scotchbrite!

15. Would have made more sense just to give them peaked caps.

SJRM_RN, in your original post about white fronts you did stipulate

So it is possible that Bandy_E made his reply to your somewhat incorrect statement without reading your latter retraction.

16. I've still got a few and always wear one in bed. Especially in the summer.

• Like Like x 1
  17. With all due respect, SJRM_RN, you seem a little grumpy this morning.....

• Like Like x 1
  18. SJRM

Without wanting to stir, it's 1 Captain and 1 Commander ;)

The Captain is a QHN and head of QARNNS.

I, unlike you, am in a bad mood as I'm in DSC for the day. Never fun.