Greatcoats

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dbmag9, Oct 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. SUMMARY: Hi. Any ideas where I can get greatcoats?

Hi all, I've lurked around here now and then for quite a while, but only just got an account. I'm 17, a cadet in the CCF(RN), in charge of my school's navy section.

I've been asked by my SSI to look into the possibility of acquiring greatcoats (see here) for our remembrance service/parade; the army section already have some, and thanks to Gp. Cap. Jack you can't move for RAF greatcoats on eBay, but aside from a few officer ones (technically these should be whatever style senior rates wear) on said website I've come up a blank on the senior service's front. I'm considering contacting some surplus stores, but they're not the easiest places to contact online, and I'd rather not spend a day phoning up every shop in South England (my school's in Croydon, by the way).

The things must exist somewhere, although I appreciate that they're not really an everyday item anymore. Anyone have any suggestions? If they count as an issue item with an NSN, I can suggest he order through the normal channels, but I'm not sure a CCF stands much of a chance getting that sort of kit.

Thanks, all!

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer