Great South Run 2008

jambosun

Lantern Swinger
How many of the RR community took part today? With 19500 runners I know I can't have been the only one. Top day all in all and a massive thanks to the people of Portsmouth for coming out in their thousands to cheer all the runners on. :thumright:

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was there too, either 1:24 (their timer) or 1:28 by my watch (I had a faff at the start hence the difference).

Yes, I agree, the crowds were good considering the weather! Thanks to all who shouted encouragment, apart from that useless steward at 5 miles who kept on bleating "Halfway, only 5 more to go" :rambo:

Given that I only started training again 2 weeks ago after 5 month layoff I feel oddly sprightly....for now

CPO(D) Ian 'Scouse' Fleming and a team from the Defence Diving School ran for the Meningitis Trust. Ian's step-daughter Claire died from meningitis and two of the team wore RN diving gear weighing around 98 lbs. www.justgiving.com/navydiver.

Former CPO(MW) Dorian 'Simmo' Simmonds ran for the Crohn's in Childhood Research Association. His 11-year old daughter Neve has been suffering from Crohn's Disease for the past four years. www.justgiving.com/doriansimmonds.

I remember a run a few years back when they had the markers in kilometres with pacing myself for many a run with the mileage system I was FUBAR.

You always have one spectator shouting you are doing well not far now normally with a can of Stella!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Charity 17
Naval_Gazer Charity 1
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0