Great Quotes (definitely not PC)

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Softlad, Aug 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Noticed my signature got some recognition :wink: so I thought I'd post the whole of the quote I got it from.

Firstly you must always implicitly obey orders, without attempting to form any opinion of your own regarding their propriety.
    Secondly, you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king;
    and thirdly you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil.

Aboard the Agamemnon, 1793

Totally un-PC never get away with it these days but refreshingly still rings true after 200+ years.

Let's hear see some more of the same from youse lot. It's time for a backlash against the left wing pinko liberals that seem to rule today's society. :twisted:
  2. Softlad, it reads as quite reasonable to me! Totally un-PC: nah - it reflects reality.

What is more interesting is to look at the similarities in ideology between the Nazis, the Hitler Youth, contemporary Poland and the quiscence of Rome to acts performed in its name which it claims to oppose - as it claimed to do so in the 1930s onward. Much less PC and much more controversial! The real and growing conflict is between democratic liberal values and conservative theology, especially in the Mideast, US and within the EU. Another World War is gradually formenting... This whole topic is VERY UN-PC. Wishful thinking by the semi-secular democracies (like Britain) will not alter that.

Oops, apologies for straying off topic a bit! :oops:
  3. Nah I can't see anything wrong with it either except that it misses out a few groups worthy of attention ...If we're gonna be un PC then lets hate Frogs, Krauts, Ragheads Pakis and our ethnic black cousins from Africa
  4. "Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country".

Gen George Patton

Like the Septics or not; they do occasionally have a way with words. Sometimes it is in English! Where else could we have received the concept of a "cluster f**k"?
  5. "Where did all them fucking Indians come from"
    Gen George Custer, Little Big Horn

"What was that fucking Bang"
    Mayor of Hiroshima

"What, fucking arrows in the air, where"
    King Harold, Hastings

"I think its a fucking trap"
    Butch Cassidy, Bolivia

"Who's going to fucking know?"
    Richard Nixon, Watergate

"You want me to paint what on the fucking ceiling?"
    Michael Angelo, Rome

"Where's all the fucking water coming from?"
    Captain, SS Titanic

And for the Fans of ?-??

"Where the fuck are we?"
    Christopher Columbus

Add yours to the list NUTTY
  6. "Oi you!Watch it,you'll have someones eye out!" William of Normandy to unidentified Archer at Hastings 1066.

"Join the Navy and See The world"
    Lying bastard at York Careers Office!!!!!!!
  7. He who dares, loses!
    Hitler to Napoleon, location unknown.

WMD claim? Moi? It was the Military, Civil Servants, MI6... Nothing to do with me!
    British Politician in Autobiography in 2008

'Value-added investment is our approach to military expenditure!'
    'But you're cutting expenditure sir!'
    An honest Defence Secretary.
  8. First day at Raleigh, opening session on naval history by an ancient CPO, first learning point:

"Just so's you'll know, in the Navy, we don't 'king swear!"
  9. First week in Dartmouth, Caspar John Hall, lecture on whos who in the navy. A two and a half was midway though his death by viewgraph sesson when he was interupted and corrected by a Midshipman. The Middy explained that FOF1 (could have been FOF2) was Admiral Lygo.

"Oh really" said the two and a half, sneering at the Mid, "and how would you know that?"

"Because he's my Father!" Cue embarassed silence.
  10. "That's not a real fucking gun!"
    John Lennon.

"The fucking throttles stuck!"
    Donald Cambell.

"I'm outside the fucking exclusion zone!"
    Capt.of the General Belgrano.

!Who let that fucking woman drive!"
    Space Shuttle Capt.

"Listen love I'll only be gone the fucking weekend!"
    Terry Waite.

"Heads are going to fucking roll!"
    Ann Boleyn.

"Of course it's a fucking Iranian fighter!"
    Capt. of the USS Vincennes.

"What fucking map!"
    Mark Thatcher.

"What a place to plant a fucking tree!"
    Marc Bolan.

"I thought I could smell fucking petrol!"
    Nikki Lauda.
  11. Drop that cross once more and ill nail you to the bastard.
  12. Actually it was.

"What, fucking arrows in the air, where"
    King Harold, Hastings

Watch that fxxxxr he will have your eye out.

"Where's all the fucking water coming from?"
    Captain, SS Titanic

I said no ice in my cocktail!
  13. Allegedly told to occupants of a car in London in the 70s when complaining that they had only been stopped because they were black.

'No, thats a seperate offence - we'll deal with that later!'
  14. When I was Plod, a particularly obnoxious failed rock starlet, as part of his written complaint about Moi! claimed I had said;

"You are an obvious choice for a bit of Police brutality"

I could not possibly comment.

15. "..and thirdly, You must hate a Frenchman as You hate the Devil!".
    Oh I do, with a vengeance. I will never forgive them for their aid to the Argentinians with Exocet during the Falklands war.
    Just so I am not totally off subject, another quote from Gen.George Patton,
    " I would rather have 6 german Divisions in front of me, than have ten French Divisions behind me."
    How true.
  16. "The British wont be that fcuking fussed!"
    Leoploald Gunivi 1981

"Of cousre Kim Philby is trust worthy, he went to Cambridge FFS!"
    Head of SIS Vetting

"What the fcuk are they going to do about us protesting?"
    Labour activist Tinamine Square 4/6/1989

"Yeah course Im fcuking sure that letting the kids bring in guns is fine for show'n'tell!"
    Princepal, Columbine Highschool 19/4/1999
  17. Fearless, Copehagen, sometime in the mid 80s. The Royals used to do PT on the flightdeck, and much of it involved running around in a big circle. They seemed proud to be able to take the pain after a heavy run ashore.

One of the bootie games was to go ashore and get gripped by a person of the same sex. The idea being to get them to buy drink all night, then shoot though when enough had been drunk.

On the morning in question one of the Royals rushed to the centre of the running circle and demanded that he make a huge confession to the boys.

At the top of his voice he announced in a broad Glaswegian accent:

"Last night I sold my arse!"

It turned out he had one too many drink and fell asleep - and suffered the consequences. Having made his confession to the boys however, the exercise continued and absolution was given.
  18. Somewhat surprisingly, the French were quite active behind the scenes stopping the Argentines obtaining more Exocets during the war, although this may be because it was Mrs T alluded to nuking Buenos Aires if they didn't.

They can hardly be blamed for selling the Arge stuff in the first place - after all, it wasn't the French that sold them the Hercules or the Santisima Trinidad.

19. Leave it to a girl to take the fun out of sex discrimination.
    Bill Watterson (1958 - ), Calvin in "Calvin and Hobbes

When it is not necessary to make a decision, it is necessary not to make a decision.
    Lord Falkland (1610 - 1643)

Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
    Sir Winston Churchill,