Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

granny's getting old.

flymo

War Hero
Has anyone heard from Granny since his birfday?

And Sol, what the heck were you doing up at silly o'clock?

jesse

War Hero
8) My p.c. has been on the blink-again; so please accept my belated best wishes for good health and and many returns.There arn't many of us left, but Two Badge Mango has got GUY MITCHELL 78S :!:

(granny)

RIP
Book Reviewer
4 days without posting....sorry mates. I hadn't the faintest idea about that 4" shell. I always thought the 4" were fixed ammo. Must have been pre 1951. haha. Sorry 'Guns'.
Don't know about Guy Mitchell but I've a collection of 140 Sinatra LP's. I know...sad isn't it.
I still like the 'Big Band' sound of the 40's.
Trog...I'm making up for all the ex GI's who never made it to old age. In fact all of the 'old salts' who passed all to quickly after leaving the pusser.
Thanks again for all your good wishes.

flymo

War Hero
JonnoJonno said:
flymo said:

Not that it's any of your business, but I was thirsty and Ma'am very kindly went downstairs to fix me a pink gin.

Is Ma'am one of those "special clients" whereby you trust them not to run away when they're allowed out of the ...ummm...... "office"?

JonnoJonno

Banned
flymo said:
JonnoJonno said:
flymo said:

Not that it's any of your business, but I was thirsty and Ma'am very kindly went downstairs to fix me a pink gin.

Is Ma'am one of those "special clients" whereby you trust them not to run away when they're allowed out of the ...ummm...... "office"?

Ma'am has been with me long enough to understand the house rules.

Rumrat

War Hero
Granny I showed your picture to a visiting oppo of mine who was with me in the day at Whale Island.
The essence of the discussion was that we hope you had a better birthday than a certain day you gave us back in the early 70's.
I can now tell you that as a result of your generosity that day I got three days of hell from my head of department (Whalley Pay office chief) and dropped a size in clothing.
Good job I don't bear grudges you stinkin rotten shag faced bastard, 8O and I don't suppose my wish came true did it? have you still got your balls? 8O :roll: :D :D

(granny)

RIP
Book Reviewer
Rumrat said:
Granny I showed your picture to a visiting oppo of mine who was with me in the day at Whale Island.
The essence of the discussion was that we hope you had a better birthday than a certain day you gave us back in the early 70's.
I can now tell you that as a result of your generosity that day I got three days of hell from my head of department (Whalley Pay office chief) and dropped a size in clothing.
Good job I don't bear grudges you stinkin rotten shag faced bastard, 8O and I don't suppose my wish came true did it? have you still got your balls? 8O :roll: :D :D

RR. You have been given 'crap' info. I was only in Whale Island to qualify GI in 1967. Never set foot in the place again. HMS Cambridge was my playground haha. Mind you if I had been there I would have enjoyed giving you hell. :) My balls are in place, and still producing hahaha. I was a 'nice' GI...honest :roll:

Rumrat

War Hero
(granny) said:
Rumrat said:

RR. You have been given 'crap' info. I was only in Whale Island to qualify GI in 1967. Never set foot in the place again. HMS Cambridge was my playground haha. Mind you if I had been there I would have enjoyed giving you hell. :) My balls are in place, and still producing hahaha. I was a 'nice' GI...honest :roll:

I'm glad you confessed so we didn't have to beat it out of you, I was at cambridge a lot more than the Island, so you probably did really nasty GI type things to me there. Dont feel overly upset about it (as if) as I was a bit naughty in those days, can you believe that?
I have always known that our paths have crossed as I always remember the enemy, to keep ahead of the game. :D (Or at least up to speed) 8O

Surprised about the balls though as I always prayed regularly that all GI's balls would fall off.

(granny)

RIP
Book Reviewer
RR, if you were fortunate to have been working at HMS Cambridge Medium Range Site between July '71 and January '74, our paths may have crossed. You may remember my 'whistle' and my request that the gentlemen under training should 'Fall In'. As M.R.C.P.O.G.I., It was my pleasure each day to formally start the days proceedings by announcing in my dulcet tones for " All you miserable incompetant b'stards to Fall in, keep your 'gobs' shut and STAND STILL WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU." I even remember letting you young trainees have a little trot down to the Close Range Site and back up that small incline. Such happy memories. (excuse me whilst I go and wring out my pants...I've pissed myself laughing.)

Rumrat

War Hero
(granny) said:
RR, if you were fortunate to have been working at HMS Cambridge Medium Range Site between July '71 and January '74, our paths may have crossed. You may remember my 'whistle' and my request that the gentlemen under training should 'Fall In'. As M.R.C.P.O.G.I., It was my pleasure each day to formally start the days proceedings by announcing in my dulcet tones for " All you miserable incompetant b'stards to Fall in, keep your 'gobs' shut and STAND STILL WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU." I even remember letting you young trainees have a little trot down to the Close Range Site and back up that small incline. Such happy memories. (excuse me whilst I go and wring out my pants...I've pissed myself laughing.)

I did my gunnery training there in 65, but did do PCTs there and the second one fell during your reign of terror on the medium range 8O :?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P RIP RR poster 'Granny' :-( The Quarterdeck 13
(granny) Granny needs a new computer. Bloody Computers 10
F Granny's birthday Diamond Lil's 15
2 The Granny Club The Quarterdeck 10
scouse Granny tax Diamond Lil's 4
Darkershadeofblu Granny biker Miscellaneous 0
C You want some granny lovin??! The Internet - Best and Worst 15
T Hold it, this isn’t the all-clear to kill Granny.... The Gash Barge 2
soleil Happy Birthday, (granny)! The Quarterdeck 7
trelawney126 Granny's Retirement Home ex RNH PLYMOUTH Diamond Lil's 7
sgtpepperband Granny responds to road rage... Motoring 0
R Rambo Granny Diamond Lil's 1
A Will Granny be safe? Diamond Lil's 2
B GRANNY THROWN ON DUMP Diamond Lil's 3
NZ_Bootneck Whats you're Granny got in her shed? The Gash Barge 4
chockhead819 No but I have a granny in the Gurkhas....... Current Affairs 9
Taztiff Crabs getting their feet wet? Current Affairs 5
MoD_RSS Game changers - getting our robots to speak with one voice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS In praise of red tape: getting regulation right MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Beat the rush by getting your MOT done this summer MoD News 0
4 Any tips for getting in the right frame of mind as a submariner? Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Getting back behind the wheel? Here’s some useful advice MoD News 0
K Previous broken bones, can they stop me getting in? Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS Highways England’s pumps £85 million into getting people back on bikes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How our construction sites are getting ready for re-start MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Getting PPE to those who need it MoD News 0
P Getting in after messing up before? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS Getting help if your business is in distress MoD News 0
J Getting a job after leaving rn Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Bad CO Real Life Getting In the Way Site Issues 82
MoD_RSS Getting Clear on Student Finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: Getting paid first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Getting the right leadership is vital for patient safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Largest upgrade in a generation to workplace rights - getting work right for British workers and businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Uncooperative illegal waste carrier fined after getting his wish for day in court MoD News 0
R Getting an entry date moved? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
klgreload Getting to PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 1
U Difficulty getting into RFA as apprentice chef? RFA 28
J Getting deselected from promotion and loss of earning Health & Fitness 5
MoD_RSS Speech: Encryption and counter-terrorism: getting the balance right MoD News 0
D The RN is getting weaker - Another Discovery5 Naval whine The Gash Barge 55
Lumberjack Being a reg and getting a degree Joining the Royal Navy 7
M Job title when getting insurance quotes? Finance & Pensions 9
John the Baptist Are the chances of getting taken on as a biomedical science trainee good or sheit? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
C Getting FAT again Joining the Royal Navy 2
Onestep Worth getting an MOT? Health & Fitness 0
janner Is Pusser getting one? Submariners 5
A All Arms getting easier???? The Corps 12
EightSixteen Getting Pulled Off Leave RFA 11
mxgan98 getting paid on leave Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1