Grand ole Duke of York - Aint!!!

Ballistic

War Hero

Prince Andrew given freedom of Woking

Prince Andrew has been given the freedom of the town of Woking it has been announced today.

Local resident Simon Williams told us, “He deserves it. Absolutely.
“This should have been done months ago, right after the interview where he revealed he had been to a Pizza Express here, where bizarrely not one member of staff or customer remembers seeing someone from the Royal family tucking into some dough balls."

“We have suggested getting a statue of him in the town square just to show our appreciation, and a plaque outside the restaurant.
“And obviously it would be great if he could change his name, if York doesn’t want him to use their city. He could be known as the Duke of Woking anytime because we love him, he’s just great.”

When asked if he knows why the Duke had said he was eating at a Pizza Express in Woking we were told, “No, I’ve no idea really, I just heard he said that he was here on that date. It wasn’t anything bad was it?”

https://newsthump.com/2022/04/28/prince-andrew-given-freedom-of-woking/

sampost

Lantern Swinger

Prince Andrew has been given the freedom of the town of Woking it has been announced today.

Local resident Simon Williams told us, “He deserves it. Absolutely.
“This should have been done months ago, right after the interview where he revealed he had been to a Pizza Express here, where bizarrely not one member of staff or customer remembers seeing someone from the Royal family tucking into some dough balls."

“We have suggested getting a statue of him in the town square just to show our appreciation, and a plaque outside the restaurant.
“And obviously it would be great if he could change his name, if York doesn’t want him to use their city. He could be known as the Duke of Woking anytime because we love him, he’s just great.”

When asked if he knows why the Duke had said he was eating at a Pizza Express in Woking we were told, “No, I’ve no idea really, I just heard he said that he was here on that date. It wasn’t anything bad was it?”

https://newsthump.com/2022/04/28/prince-andrew-given-freedom-of-woking/

This is a well deserved honour, as he certainly put Woking on the map - a place that I had never heard of during my travels in the UK. I subsequently discovered that my grandfather had been confirmed in the Garrison Church, Woking in 1917 and, had I known that at the time, I might have detoured to grab a pizza there instead of taking a train to Glasgow, which was a very nice city, although the subway under the river a bit scary. There was a reasonable McDonalds near Sauchiehall Street, but I do not know how it compares to Pizza Express, and perhaps never will.

1917 Confirmation certificate Woking.jpg

D

Deleted 113170

Oh, the grand old Duke of York,
He had some pedo friends;
They marched to Epstein's with young girls,
Who were never seen again.
When they were drugged, they were fucked,
And when they came down, they were drowned,
And when they with his Eton chums,
Well the dossier wasn't found.

D

Deleted 113170

I seem to remember Woking is where they dished out the demob suits from
I recall our local village doctor telling. my wife and me how he became one
He had served with RCS as a Sgt. in the during WW2 - so was clearly an intelligent chap. He was in his demob suit having just got off the tube at Euston. He walked past the BMA offices where a chap with a clipboard asked his name He gave his name which matched one who had not turned up,clearly. He was used to being told what to do so went where he was told and ended up being a brilliant village doctor. A fine man by accident.